Thread: New to frog forum with grey tree frog

blackberry16199

Default New to frog forum with grey tree frog

Hi, I'm new to frog forum. Yesterday, I found a baby grey tree frog (I named it Keylime) on my porch and I was so excited because I've been wanting to find one for a few weeks now. It's about 3/4 inch long and bright lime green. I would like to know some information on care. Right now, I have the tree frog in a 10 gal glass terrarium with screen lid, plenty of climbing sticks and leaves, water dish half covered with a leaf, and substrate of moist paper towel. I put green construction paper on the back of the terrarium to make it feel more at home. It's most active at night. What should I feed it? It is a very small baby and is so cute! Any suggestions on how I can care for a baby grey tree frog properly? And are there any special things I need to know? Thanks for any info. And here's Keylime. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376350295.390819.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  56.4 KB Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376350336.839389.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  70.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376350382.139219.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  46.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376350409.124239.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  65.0 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

blackberry16199

If someone could reply , or answer some of my questions, that would be great

YourSoJelly

Default Re: New to frog forum with grey tree frog

What a cutie! He looks identically like my little Steve! Steve seemed to really like flies and crickets while he was in my care (72 hours), not so much moths. I wish you the best luck with Keylime! What part of NW Indiana are you part of, if you don't mind my asking?

blackberry16199

I'm in Porter County. Keylime ate some baby pill bugs today, since I couldn't find anything else. Steve is also really adorable!

blackberry16199

Can I use natural spring water with my baby grey tree frog? I know I can't use untreated tap water but is 100% spring water ok? There's nothing added to it so I think it's ok but I just wanted to be sure

oneilsfrogs

Spring water should be fine. He just needs it deep enough to take a bath so to speak. I have 7 of them right now that we raised from tadpoles. So I can answer lots of your questions as I had a lot when they first started climbing out of the water.

blackberry16199

Thanks for the info!

Tubby0512

I have a year old male Grey Tree Frog and 2 baby Grey Tree Frogs that are not a month old yet. All of my Grey's I raised from an egg. rescued the egg clusters from my pool. I went to a pet store and did research and the tank size is 5 gallons per frog. Well I went with 10 gallon per frog because my male is getting big. he is the biggest one I have ever seen. I have moss I got from a pet store on the bottom of his tank, driftwood as branches for him, and a glass shallow dish for his pool. As babies they will eat pin head crickets, baby grasshoppers, flies, and maggots(but mine will only eat them if you feed the maggot to them) As adults they will eat ANY insect that will fit in their mouth. They will even eat baby frogs of their kind if its small enough to fit in its mouth. So I have my 2 babies separate until they aren't small enough to fit in my older ones mouth. For water you use spring, i also use tap water if i let it sit out over night and if i treat it. They are very social frog's.

redeyedtreefrog123451

You can feed him small crickets. You are so lucky!!!! Ive been looking for a gray for soo long ive never seen one in person

Thread Information