Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

  1. #1
    Eridu Serpent
    Guest

    Default Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!



    Hi all...testing a theory on sexing BUT we need a lot of specimen photos in order to do it.
    We need photos of your Bullies;
    One from above,
    One from the side (low down so you see it straight on)
    One from an angle of about 33´ so we can see the back bone.

    Photos need to be taken in a light setting please, no murky ones.

    DO NOT WRITE DOWN IF IT IS MALE OR FEMALE !!!!
    AND DO NOT LIST THE NAME (because it may give us a clue).
    As many of the moderators know you and your frogs I will do the guessing from the photos.

    Hmmmm thank you that´s all...continue as before


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
     

  3. #2
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    I actually thought of you when getting a new baby. I will be keeping this thread up to date. Some of my reasoning for getting a new baby, was this thread, and to keep accurate amounts of exactly how much is fed on the path to adulthood. I realize my one addition is a drop in the bucket, but hopefully we can get new owners to contribute to it.

  4. #3
    Eridu Serpent
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    I actually thought of you when getting a new baby. I will be keeping this thread up to date. Some of my reasoning for getting a new baby, was this thread, and to keep accurate amounts of exactly how much is fed on the path to adulthood. I realize my one addition is a drop in the bucket, but hopefully we can get new owners to contribute to it.

    Well your participation is very appreciated, seems you are the only one helping so far.
    I actually think a lot of people will not help simply because it seems that I have noticed something very simple which was missed
    by more experienced people.
    I used to keep Cane toads and you can tell the male from the female the same way at a very early age.
    Spine/tail bone seems to show on the male much more.
    I am just doing this to show others, I basically know it is true, just I have to provide some proof.
    Depending on the husbandry of the animal it seems to be at least an 80% rate of sexing correctly, the animal has to be in good health and been fed
    a good diet firstly. Underweight examples seem to be harder to sex because the spine protrudes in skinny animals a lot more.
    So your help will be wonderful

  5. #4
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Sounds great, let me get it all comfortable. I'll give you pictures from the requested angles and let's see how this pans out. I assure you it will be fed a varied diet, temps and humidity will be spot on.

    Keep in mind I have considered your theory on this sexing technique, it's one of the reasons I got a new baby. I would consider myself an experienced keeper, but my thirst for more knowledge is greater than my experience.

  6. #5
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Here is a overhead pic I got last night, the rest came out bad, but I can get some better ones soon.

    Name:  IMG_6887.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  46.2 KB

  7. #6
    Moderator Lija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,471
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    ok let's guess I say it is a male probably given the monster ate 30 dubias in one sitting
    ​Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

  8. #7
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Here's a decent side picture I got.

    Name:  IMG_6895.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  87.6 KB

  9. #8
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    I'm patiently waiting for your comments Eridu

  10. #9
    Eridu Serpent
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Soooooooooooo sorry internet problems!
    I would say Male due to the spine.

  11. #10
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eridu Serpent View Post
    Soooooooooooo sorry internet problems!
    I would say Male due to the spine.
    It turned out to be a female. =)

  12. #11
    100+ Post Member Truffs1178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Location
    Northumberland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    956

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Here is some of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  13. #12
    NialR35
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    It turned out to be a female. =)
    Really? I demand updated pics

  14. #13
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Quote Originally Posted by NialR35 View Post
    Really? I demand updated pics
    Yup, I stated it in my "sex my frog" thread about a week or so ago. I took a couple quick shots with my cellphone today, I'll post those. =)

  15. #14
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: Load up your photos please...IMPORTANT!

    Name:  CAM00034.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  73.4 KBName:  CAM00035.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  73.8 KB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sanguine 6/21/12 (load heavy)
    By GrifTheGreat in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 24th, 2012, 10:59 PM
  2. Horned frogs 12/13/2011 (load warning!!!)
    By Eel Noob in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM
  3. Calcium-fortified gut load and supplements
    By rosaphile in forum Food, Feeders, Live, Frozen, Culturing, etc
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 29th, 2011, 11:19 PM
  4. Gut load for crix
    By sajane in forum Food, Feeders, Live, Frozen, Culturing, etc
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
  5. Best Gut Load
    By Tofuman in forum Food, Feeders, Live, Frozen, Culturing, etc
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 25th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •