Thread: How fast do white's tree frogs grow to be 4 inches long?

Default How fast do white's tree frogs grow to be 4 inches long?

My frog is a inch long right now. I am planning on getting another white's tree frog for him. after finding out the new one will need to be quarantined for a month and finding the only other home I have for a frog is too small I have decided to wait 2-3 months. will the frog I have now grow a lot in that time? How long does it take for a white's to grow to 4 inches?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

AmphibianAwesomeness

Default Re: How fast do white's tree frogs grow to be 4 inches long?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Frogs take about 5 months to get full grown. I just got two whites too and one is 1 3/4" and the other is about 1 1/4".
    They are fine. I just wouldn't ever mix different species of frogs; green tree frogs, cuban tree frogs, grey tree frogs, etc. with whites.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphibianAwesomeness View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Frogs take about 5 months to get full grown. I just got two whites too and one is 1 3/4" and the other is about 1 1/4".
    They are fine. I just wouldn't ever mix different species of frogs; green tree frogs, cuban tree frogs, grey tree frogs, etc. with whites.

thanks. i thought adding another tree frog like green would be ok and i couldnt add a frog like the pacman frog. ill stick to two white's. so though highly unlikey if my little frog grows to be 4 inchs and the new guy is only 1 inch the big one will not be a bully to the little one? i read big frogs eat little frogs that why im worried.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Tree frogs do NOT take 5 months till they are full grown. A whites tree frog takes a couple years till they are fully mature. Your frog may never reach 4" My 1 year old is just over 3" and my 5 year old is also just over 3".

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Tree frogs do NOT take 5 months till they are full grown. A whites tree frog takes a couple years till they are fully mature. Your frog may never reach 4" My 1 year old is just over 3" and my 5 year old is also just over 3".
    so my frog won't grow much in 5 months? like maybe 1/2 inch? so it should not be a problem when i add anew frog..the frog might be smaller though im getting it from the same pet store as my current frog.

Nationality
    [United States]

White's take a long time to get that big, at least 2 years or more. They can live to be 25, so they grow very slowly.
    My male white's I've had for a long time, is barely 3" long. Females can get up to 4", but it's a slow and steady pace.
    I have a female white's and she was 1" when I brought her home in February, she's now only 1 1/2 inches. And she is very well fed.
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Nationality
    [United States]

My 2 girls took about 2 years to hit 4 inches. I am pretty sure they are fully grown now, as they have not grown at all over the last 4 months. Thank goodness, I thought they were going to grow outta their tank. Your frog should be fine if you add one later, I added 1 to my setup that was about 5 months old and my girls were just over a year old. There were no problems and no bullying. They took him right in as one of their own. You should be fine with the plan you have set.

Thread Information