Thread: Age to size

Default Age to size

I read about someone who had a two year old pacman frog that was the size of a juvenile (dont remember where I read this) I want to know how t is done and if to is healthy. If it is safe to do, I might keep my pacman in a ten gallon all his life. I don't really want to deal with a large tank and buying one because I don't have the money to do that in the first place. So if anyone knows how to slow down the growing rate in a healthy manner, please tell. If you know the consequences of doing so, please tell.

Thank You

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Age to size

Quote Originally Posted by COOCOpUcHoo View Post
    I read about someone who had a two year old pacman frog that was the size of a juvenile (dont remember where I read this) I want to know how t is done and if to is healthy. If it is safe to do, I might keep my pacman in a ten gallon all his life. I don't really want to deal with a large tank and buying one because I don't have the money to do that in the first place. So if anyone knows how to slow down the growing rate in a healthy manner, please tell. If you know the consequences of doing so, please tell.

Thank You
    Why in the world would you want to willingly stunt the growth of your frog? No it is not healthy to stunt your frogs growth purposly. You can keep your frog in a 10 gallon all its life. Both genders can live cofortably in a 10 gallon their entire life.

Default Age to size

Oh, I thought they outgrow it.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by COOCOpUcHoo View Post
    Oh, I thought they outgrow it.
    No. Depending on the size of your frog when fully grown you upgrade as necessary.

NialR35

For the most part, your frog will be fine in a 10 gal considering how pacmans barely need space since their activity is zero to none until feeding time. No need to intentionally stunt your frog's growth because if money is an issue, bad health/care will end up costing you more than a 20 gallon tank upgrade.

Pyxiefan001

And if you DO want/need something larger than a 10-gallon tank, you can alternatively use a Sterlite box. Just drill a bunch of holes in the top and sides of it for ventilation, and a large square-shaped hole with screen taped or glued on top of it for a heat lamp to shine through. Much cheaper than glass tanks and much lighter and easier to lug around.

Nationality
    [United States]

Generally if you're using words like 'stunted' or 'overgrown' or anything like that about herps, if you wouldn't want it applied to you it's not healthy for them.

My python lives in a sterlite container. Nocturnal species like her and pacs actually seem to really like them because it makes them feel like they're more well hidden during the day without totally obliterating a day/night cycle.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Thread Information