Thread: Keeping Small Boas (Island Races of the Common Boa Constictor)

findiviglio

Default Keeping Small Boas (Island Races of the Common Boa Constictor)

Hi All,

Despite decades in the pet trade, the Boa Constrictor (Boa constrictor) remains one of the most popular of all reptilian pets. Unfortunately, the average Boa grows too large for many households, and cannot be safely handled by young or inexperienced keepers. A number of smaller relatives, such as the Rosy, Rubber and Sand Boas, are available in the trade, along with some of the “dwarf species (Bimini and Panamanian Dwarf Boas). However, for the true Boa Constrictor enthusiast, they do not “fit the bill”.
    Fortunately, a number of dedicated snake breeders have focused on the unique populations of smaller Boa Constrictors that inhabit many Caribbean islands. Averaging only 4-5 feet when fully grown, these beautiful creatures are ideal choices for those seeking a large, but not giant, snake. More importantly, island-bound Boas offer hobbyists the chance to dabble in snake conservation. As all are restricted to tiny ranges, everything that we learn will be helpful in assuring their future survival. Read the rest of this article here Small Boa Constrictors as Pets - Island Races of the Common Boa

Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank Indiviglio

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information