Thread: New to the forum to try and help Skinny (frogs name)

Vtforestrymom

Default New to the forum to try and help Skinny (frogs name)

I started a 20 gal low tank with 3 frogs two years ago. Two males and one female. Murphy, f, Fred, m, and Skinny,m. Both males used to woo Murphy. Skinny has stopped chirping. The other frogs sit with him and Murphy prefers his company, if there is such a thing with frogs. (All three have great skin condition)

i believe when I purchased Skinny two years ago, the intellectually challenged individual put him in a container with chlorinated tap water. I got him home, realized he was not well and did my best. He pulled through, partially paralyzed, partially blind and seemed to have lost his fat tissues. My young children were adamant that even though he wasn't quite right, he was theirs. Skinny never fully recovered from the chlorine, but he ate, chirped, and pursued Murphy. There was no aggression shown from the other frogs.

Skinny would have bad days. The paralysis seemed to affect him worse some days, but he was still quite mobile and could even swim. He figured it out.

Skinny seems to have aged quickly, he is now totally blind and must be hand fed. I don't know what to do for skinny at this point, he looks fine except he is skinny and his eyes have clouded up on the inside. I was worried at first about his eyes, but like an old dog, it appears to be cloudy on the inside. He still eats and gets excited when he hears the clamps come off. I have wondered if Skinny is just elderly.

I look forward to the forum to find out what information I can for Skinny!

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to the forum to try and help Skinny (frogs name)

Welcome to the forum! im so sorry for what happened to skinny! Im not sure if the chlorine and minerals in the water had done this or the frog had already a bacterial infection or parasite, usually frogs and toads will get cloudy eyes if they get too much fatty foods (waxworms,mealworms ect). To help us understand your frogs, Pictures, the species and any other irregular behaviour, we also have a page Frog Forum - Basic Frog First Aid that can help with treatments, however these treatements should be done carefully. Bets of luck!

Bob
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

Thread Information