Thread: feeding a adf

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default feeding a adf

I just recently got an african dwarf frog and i was wondering what kind of food i should feed it, my in laws have been feeding it betta flakes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Phoenyx

Default Re: feeding a adf

Mine get brine shrimp, blood/blackworms, Mysis Shrimp, as well as the occasional pellet food if my frozen and/or live food supply is running low...

Missing

I feed mine frozen bloodworms. I get a big pack at the pet store and when it's feeding time, I put a frozen chunk in a cup. With a turkey baster, I take water from the aquarium and put it in the cup. When the worms melt into pieces, I suck them up with the turkey baster and push a few out at a time in front of each frogs' face. They've come to know the turkey baster means food. You stop feeding them when they get a little pudge on their side. Not too big though. This way takes some time, but it really ensures they get fed right.

Phoenyx

Quote Originally Posted by Missing View Post
    I feed mine frozen bloodworms. I get a big pack at the pet store and when it's feeding time, I put a frozen chunk in a cup. With a turkey baster, I take water from the aquarium and put it in the cup. When the worms melt into pieces, I suck them up with the turkey baster and push a few out at a time in front of each frogs' face. They've come to know the turkey baster means food. You stop feeding them when they get a little pudge on their side. Not too big though. This way takes some time, but it really ensures they get fed right.
    When I target feed, I pretty much do the same thing only I use a syringe.. Otherwise I just thaw and let the food fall to the bottom of the tank, but then my guys are in with fish....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I got frozen bloodworms and mysis shrimp, i have a lot of fish so i'm prepared for that, but what about live food. All i have are worms that i feed my salamander. Should i cut up a night crawler and try feeding it to my frog?

Phoenyx

They don't NEED live food, the Mysis shrimp and Bloodworms are acceptable enough... If you want to feed live, extra small nightcrawlers and blackworms "similar to bloodworms" from my Local Fish and Reptile store are what I go with....

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Get a load of this!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

That's a smart way to feed an adf, i know he eats pellets is there a specific type of pellets? I've been trying different kinds even reptomin frog and newts pellets i think is what they are called. Sorry for all the questions i just want a healthy frog.

Thread Information