Thread: Samurai food vs. Multi-Vitamins.

Pyxiefan001

Default Samurai food vs. Multi-Vitamins.

I forgot my Pyxie's last feeding was supposed to be a multi-vitamin day. But I did feed her a couple of big clumps of that Samurai stuff, which contains vitamins A, D3, E, B1, B2, B6, B12, K3, and C. The multivitamins I use (Herptivite) contains vitamin E, C, B1, B2, B6, and B12. Most of the same vitamins as Samurai it seems. I know this stuff claims to be nutritionally complete for frogs and nothing else is needed diet/supplement wise, but I use it as an extra staple along with nightcrawlers and Dubias.

I usually give multivitamins every two weeks., but since Samurai seems to have the same vitamins as Herptevite, would it make a good vitamin substitute? Or should I feed Herptevite on the next feed anyway and continue to do so on my usual schedule?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: Samurai food vs. Multi-Vitamins.

Don't use the multivitamin supplement until the next time on your schedule. The samurai pacman food is meant to be a staple diet for frogs but it definitely shouldn't be used as one. The best staple is roaches and earthworms in my opinion and that's what you use so just keep doing what you are doing.

Also how often do you use the samurai food?

Pyxiefan001

Quote Originally Posted by Truffs1178 View Post
    Don't use the multivitamin supplement until the next time on your schedule. The samurai pacman food is meant to be a staple diet for frogs but it definitely shouldn't be used as one. The best staple is roaches and earthworms in my opinion and that's what you use so just keep doing what you are doing.

Also how often do you use the samurai food?
    I feed the Samurai on average every couple to a few feedings, and I offer it in roughly Dubia-sized clumps. That's 2-3 spoonfuls (the tiny one that comes in the bag) worth. She gets two said-sized clumps of it every time I decide to feed the stuff. I personally wouldn't feed it exclusively, like the package claims can be done. I just thought it would make a good supplemental staple along with the worms and roaches. I've also recently began giving her a few (frozen/thawed) silversides as a monthly treat.

Knowing all the vitamins Samurai has in it, am I feeding it too frequently? Or too much of it? What exactly is wrong with using it as a staple?

Thanks.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You're fine. Just add the multivitamin in every other week.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxiefan001 View Post
    ...Knowing all the vitamins Samurai has in it, am I feeding it too frequently? Or too much of it? What exactly is wrong with using it as a staple?...
    Think comments going around on Samurai food are based on personal observation and experience. Have not tried the Samurai stuff; but can tell you based on decades of experience that animals respond to feeding variety better than to a single "super food." Would follow Colleen/Jerrod advice and not use multivitamin together with the Samurai food. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default j

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxiefan001 View Post
    I feed the Samurai on average every couple to a few feedings, and I offer it in roughly Dubia-sized clumps. That's 2-3 spoonfuls (the tiny one that comes in the bag) worth. She gets two said-sized clumps of it every time I decide to feed the stuff. I personally wouldn't feed it exclusively, like the package claims can be done. I just thought it would make a good supplemental staple along with the worms and roaches. I've also recently began giving her a few (frozen/thawed) silversides as a monthly treat.

Knowing all the vitamins Samurai has in it, am I feeding it too frequently? Or too much of it? What exactly is wrong with using it as a staple?

Thanks.
    Your using it ok like grif said. I meant to say its not a good idea to feed the frog ithe samurai food exclusivley.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: j

Remember there are nutrients that an artificial product can.t supply like live food can

Thread Information