Hello there,

I recently made my own 'reptifogger'. I bought an ultrasonic humidifier and bought the adequate plumbing and it fits perfectly into a hole I made in the lid.

The mister/fogger works fine. The mist is visible, but humidity only goes up 1-2% when it is on (even after 2 min of it being on)

I thought the fogger would replace the manual spraying, but it seems that it isn't.

--> In terms of ventilation, it is an extended 'exo-terra' with a homemade lid.
--> I use two thermohygrometers, both are slightly inaccurate (each one has its own reading, margin or error is 1-2%). Both are telling me that after misting and spraying the humidity is a mere 64%.
--> Tank is heavily planted with a film-canister full of water. It has a 6'' substrate and water draining system with clay balls.

When I first started misting my tank, it was always in the high 80%'s, but now it is 60-65%.

I only have one possible explanation for this, that recently in England it has been abnormally hot (26'C as opposed to the 18'C norm). Perhaps, now that my room is reaching the 28'C-30'C range, and the tank without a source of heat is reaching 23-26'C, that this is the reason the tank is loosing humidity.

Otherwise, I have no idea why. Recently I was speaking to a sponsor of this page who lives near me, and he told me that he never keeps hygrometers. He says that he mists twice a day, and his tank is always wet and with that he thinks his humidity is sufficient. Can I follow this same system?

My tank is definitely wet, especially after hand-misting. I've noticed that with fogging only, the tank doesn't look moist at all.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be great.

Thanks.