Thread: Found a male Coqui Frog in my palm.

CA COQUI

Default Found a male Coqui Frog in my palm.

Hi there. About a week ago I started hearing a ko-kee squeel at night. I thought it was a bird because it would answer to my return whistle. After nights of searching for a bird and lots of unsuccesful internet searches I decided to search in a different direction.

I determined that my new friend was a frog, the coqui. I listened to the call via the internet and yes!! This is our boy. I spent several nights trying to locate the frog but he is sneaky! Finally, last night I was able to catch a glimpse of him and tonight I was able to take a photo. He is so tiny about the size of a quarter.

I'm sure he found his way to my home via a plant (bromeliad) that came from Hawaii. He made it through their attempts to kill this species with citric acid spray and then lived through the local nurseries acid spray as well. So this guy deserves to live a happy and prosperous life.

Im not sure this guy can survive outside so I called the zoo to see if they would be interested in fostering this poor little guy. In the interim if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to contact me. thanks

Name:  DSCF2796.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  42.4 KBName:  DSCF2791.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  162.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Found a male Coqui Frog in my palm.

Hello and welcome to FF! Too bad you are not local; would adopt this survivor in a heartbeat . Yep, in HI they are considered a pest because of their call (and not being endemic); but I like them however loud they are. Sadly they are endangered in their original home, Puerto Rico, and 2 species are already extinct .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome to the forum .

Such an adorable little fella. I believe I've seen care sheets on the Internet for them. I'll search around. Have you had any luck with the zoo assisting?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Here is some info I found here on the forum...

http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...caresheet.html

I know nothing more than that they are adorable and have a loud, cute croak .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information