Thread: More frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default More frogs!

In addition to Midori, the lovely American Green Tree Frog that I adore....

We have caught Two Squirrel Frogs and a Baja California Tree Frog at work (the latest stow away baja is in my coffee mug currently awaiting transport home.)

I think I need more terrariums.

Any suggestions on set ups for the latest?

Oh, did I mention the bahamian anole that also came in and is rooming with Midori? She is a spaz.

I wish the people who ship plants and flowers here had better ways to check for wildlife. I feel so bad for these little imports. At least they get to come home with me and be spoiled instead of dying here in the market.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: More frogs!

Here's a pacific chorus frog care sheet, a Baja should be similar I believe: Frog Forum - Pacific Chorus Frog

The Squirrel treefrog, I'd keep as a grey who likes it warmer Frog Forum - Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

I would definitely get more terrariums and house each species separately. I would also suggest you practice very strict quarantine procedures to prevent any contamination between your new arrivals and your existing pets.

Good for you for taking in these frogs who have lost their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliasmom2012 View Post
    I wish the people who ship plants and flowers here had better ways to check for wildlife. I feel so bad for these little imports. At least they get to come home with me and be spoiled instead of dying here in the market.
    As someone who has transported numerous plants from our greenhouses only to find frogs hop out of them when we reach our destination, it's unfortunately impossible. We found a Spring Peeper hopping around our van yesterday after unloading a bunch of our plants. The peeper was safely transported home and released. This happens all the time, usually gray treefrogs and the odd american toad are the stowaways and sadly I'm sure we don't manage to retrieve them all.

Thread Information