I have two toadlets. One has a tail and one does not. They are currently in a sloped cage with about 1/4" to 1/2" of water on one end. The entire bottom is covered with brown napkins (could not find brown paper towels). There is a hide and at the non water end is a strip of soil containing springtails. Three sides are covered with paper as is half the top to help them feel secure. Two are constantly climbing the sides. (One with a tail and the one without a tail) Should I just ignore this behavior? Should I move the one without a tail to a small cage with moist coco fiber? Can the one with a tail be put on coco fiber or should it stay in the cage with water? I'm sorry for these newbie questions. This is the first time I have tried raising toads from tadpoles and my learning curve so far is horrible. I do not know if they are eating yet but I have also been putting a few fruit flies in as well so they have something to eat when they are hungry. Another option would be to add more springtails laced coco fiber on top of the wet napkins. Am I worrying too much?? Lol. Thank you.
here are two pics, yes I know there is a third toad in there but it just sits in the water and is not using all its energy to climb.