Thread: Is something wrong? Help pls!

Default Is something wrong? Help pls!

Guys, help!

Something looks wrong with my paccie!

The first two were prior to feeding, he had a medium cricket today. Then when I rinsed him off, he looked... out of proportion? Left seems collapsed.

Is something wrong? I'm worried sick now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is something wrong? Help pls!

Don't worry yet. If he is active and eating he is most likely fine. The stomach is on the right side so this is most likely why one side seems larger than the other. He has food in his stomach.

I tried bathing him in warm water and it seemed to go back to normal. There was a hard lump on his left side though but as far as I've read, only a lump on the right = impaction. Yes he's still active. And also, he hasn't taken a poo since like last week. Maybe I'm just getting over-excited over nothing.

Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated.

Nationality
    [United States]

You can try a nice lukewarm soak with about 3 drops of plain honey for 15 minutes, followed by a regular soak to remove the honey residue if he doesn't poop for you soon. It is a natural emollient that will often help them to go. You can do this once a week of so, as needed.

Be sure your daytime temp is up around 80'F to 82'F for proper digestion and that his tank humidity is at 80% for proper hydration .

Your pac looks good .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

I gave him a soak last night right after I discovered that in normal treated water. Happy to say he took a poo sometime in the night while I was asleep
    Temps are fine, I live in a tropical country so it's consistently around that range and humidity is a constant 78 - 85%.

Thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]

Excellent .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

8. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

Nationality
    [France]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    The stomach is on the right side so this is most likely why one side seems larger than the other. He has food in his stomach.
    Just to be sure, I thought stomach was on the left side of the frog ? When I feed my albino, left side is larger and unregular (We can imagine the shape of the prey sometimes). The right side is more intestine according to me because it is larger just before defecating and comes back to normal size just after defecating.
    1.0.0 Ceratophrys ornata CB
    0.1.0 Pleurodeles waltl CB
    1.0.0 Pyxicephalus adspersus CB

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by GRABibus View Post
    Just to be sure, I thought stomach was on the left side of the frog ? When I feed my albino, left side is larger and unregular (We can imagine the shape of the prey sometimes). The right side is more intestine according to me because it is larger just before defecating and comes back to normal size just after defecating.
    I believe the stomach is positioned at an angle, but mostly towards the right side, but a large loop of intestine does protrude outward of the right side when the frog needs to deficate really bad or if the frog is impacted. You can tell the difference between a full frog and a impacted frog by the shape of the lump on the right side. If it shows on the lower left side of the frog then it is most likely impaction.

samtheman

they are a species that are fussy on water quality, the water should be changed every day or so. also are you keeping him/her on paper towels? as an ambush species, they love to bury into the substrate. it might be your pacman is a bit stressed. you should mist once a day too. and nice tip about the honey heather, I will remember that just in case.

Oh, I do daily water changes. He's kept in my display tank, pics are somewhere in the introductions subforum. The paper towel is just his feeding bin's lining. He looks normal now and still has a healthy appetite, so all good
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

Nationality
    [United States]

See Jerah nothing to worry about.

14. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    See Jerah nothing to worry about.
    Yes man, much gratitude for the info and assurance!
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerah Teoh Yong Qiang View Post
    Yes man, much gratitude for the info and assurance!
    You're welcome!

samtheman

you could try feeding without transferring to the other tub. just put the food in front of his/her face (not with fingers), and it should take it. I find mine likes it this way

Oddly enough, mine refuses to eat inside it's tub. I tong-wiggle the food - be it crickets, pinkies or samurai mix - in front of him and all he does is burrow deeper in or ignore it totally.

Thread Information