Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help with my maverick ^(*~*)^

Maverick

Unhappy Please help with my maverick ^(*~*)^

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  74.6 KBIs this the right setup for my albino?this is my first frog and he doesn't eat sometimes he'll eat at night but not when I feed him whenever.i don't have a screen because the terrarium didn't come with it so I think I'll just stick with Saran Wrap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Please help with my maverick ^(*~*)^

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  74.6 KBIs this the right setup for my albino?this is my first frog and he doesn't eat sometimes he'll eat at night but not when I feed him whenever.i don't have a screen because the terrarium didn't come with it so I think I'll just stick with Saran Wrap.
    You need a screen top. Then you cover 3/4 of the screen top with saran wrap. His humidity is most likely all wrong due to how you have the tank.

Answer these questions http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html and repost the answers here in your thread.

Maverick

well when he was eating last night he was eating like a regular pacman.If i feed him during day and he doesent eat is it because they are noctunal

Nationality
    [United States]

well when he was eating last night he was eating like a regular pacman.If i feed him during day and he doesent eat is it because they are noctunal
    Yes. They are Nocturnal and should he fed at night. They also need a 12 hour day/night cycle. How about posting some pictures of your frog. Get a screen top. It is safer to tave one for the frog.

Maverick

Name:  1370997366806.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  30.7 KBName:  1370997366806.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  30.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maverick

I don't really want to give my baby a smaller encloser but should I give him this one?Name:  IMAG1056.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  56.3 KB

Nationality
    [Canada]

assuming you're talking about the one your frog is in the pic and not the plastic container that is in a front, your enclosure is good size, but your frog doesn't look like a baby, how big is he?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Maverick

He is about 3 1/2 -4in about and I was thinking if I should move him to the plastic because I don't have a screen.

Nationality
    [United States]

He is about 3 1/2 -4in about and I was thinking if I should move him to the plastic because I don't have a screen.
    Keep it the way it is until you buy a sceen top which should be done ASAP. Moving him into that other conatainer will just stress him out.

Maverick

Does petsmart sell screen tops

Nationality
    [United States]

Petsmart and most any pet shop sell screen tops that fit most popular tank sizes. If you do not know size in gallons, just measure your top dimensions.

Your frog is an albino and their eyes and skin are light sensible. What type of light bulb do you have in your dome? To help you properly need to answer questions on the link in post no. 2. Not knowing what your enclosure parameters (temp., humidity, etc.) are, makes it impossible to offer advice .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Maverick

And will a fluker nightlight work for my pixie and albino.

Maverick

It's a ten gallon don't really know what humidity or temp is it seems fine he did eat last night.Mom said she would take me to store today so ill see.

Nationality
    [United States]

If you have a black bulb (also called moonlight) that is OK. Need to get a temp. and humidity gauges to monitor those parameters. Digital are more accurate but cost more than analogs. If getting analog do compare the gauge reading at store and avoid any that stray from the group average reading. Gauges can be located on back wall; centerline and 2 in. above substrate.

Once you get the top, get Saran Wrap (ask Mom) and tape a layer to whole screen top. Let the lamp cool and place dome on top offset to one side and around couple in. from edges. Then use a sharpie to go around dome and mark hole for cutting. Next use scissors to go around and cut hole 1 in. wider than circle (keeps saran away from light heat). Then set all up, spray enclosure and monitor humidity and temperature. If humidity is too high, you can remove couple square inches of saran until it gets right. If too hot, get a lower watt bulb or raise the dome up and away from screen.

All frog parameters and requirements are available here: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding . Are you using a dechlorinator to treat frogs water? Did you get calcium and vitamin supplement to dust frog food?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

jelkins

Hey Maverick. I live in KY not too far from you...during the summer months I typically move my frogs outside due to the high humidity typical throughout the southeast. Now, I have a porch outside and deck I keep their enclosures on in a safe place. Obviously, not everyone owns their own place or has a safe place outside to keep their encolsures, but the humidity and required temps are taken care of if you can do this and regularly (daily) monitor the water and soil moisture in your frogs cage. This may help until you aqcuire the necessary equipment you need to properly maintain your frog inside.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by jelkins View Post
    Hey Maverick. I live in KY not too far from you...during the summer months I typically move my frogs outside due to the high humidity typical throughout the southeast. Now, I have a porch outside and deck I keep their enclosures on in a safe place. Obviously, not everyone owns their own place or has a safe place outside to keep their encolsures, but the humidity and required temps are taken care of if you can do this and regularly (daily) monitor the water and soil moisture in your frogs cage. This may help until you aqcuire the necessary equipment you need to properly maintain your frog inside.
    Were do you put ur tanks outside.

Maverick

Hi Jeff

jelkins

I have a covered porch and deck; the enclosure is on a stand on the porch.

Nationality
    [United States]

Even if it takes a few days to get the thermometer/humidity gauges and get his enclosure 100% right, absolutely DON'T put your frog outside without a screen top on the tank! And don't try to make one out of something else; a solid covering could cook your frog if left outside.

It's not something I'd recommend as a short-term solution anyway, since you'd need to put a thermometer out there and monitor the temperatures for several days before you even think of trying that. Depending on the sun/shade in the spot you put the frog, it could get way to hot (or too chilly at night) without you necessarily knowing.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Even if it takes a few days to get the thermometer/humidity gauges and get his enclosure 100% right, absolutely DON'T put your frog outside without a screen top on the tank! And don't try to make one out of something else; a solid covering could cook your frog if left outside.

It's not something I'd recommend as a short-term solution anyway, since you'd need to put a thermometer out there and monitor the temperatures for several days before you even think of trying that. Depending on the sun/shade in the spot you put the frog, it could get way to hot (or too chilly at night) without you necessarily knowing.
    i'm 14 and don't have any kind of porch like that and wouldn't even do anything like that if I had that kind of porch.My baby pixie (Gunther) is eating better than my pacman (maverick) anyone got a suggestion on why that is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information