Thread: Anybody have a homemade fogger?

Dabrute

Default Anybody have a homemade fogger?

I heard it was better and cheaper. Is this true?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dabrute

Default Re: Anybody have a homemade fogger?

Guess not! Lol

beyond colour

I have made them in the past out of cool mist vaporizers and pvc plumbing parts. I dont know about being cheaper but i think they work better than the foggers on the market.

5. This member thanks beyond colour for this post:

Dabrute

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Johnb43

I also bought this humidifier from Walmart after searching all over for a humidifier that vents from one specific spot rather than a general area.

I chose to do the fogging system this way because I read too many bad reviews on the Repti-Fogger, and also because this can run for 18 hours before being refilled. I was having a problem with it shutting off after a few minutes, but I think that was caused by the fact the my tubing was too long, so on its way to the humidifier it had to make a turn back up, allowing water to build in the line. I think that the humidifier was sensing a block and shutting itself off. Now that thats figured out, its been running perfect for the past 2 months, and the nice thing is that I can put a gallon of water in it and that lasts me about a week, so I have it on a timer and dont even have to think about it

Dabrute

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb43 View Post
    I also bought this humidifier from Walmart after searching all over for a humidifier that vents from one specific spot rather than a general area.

I chose to do the fogging system this way because I read too many bad reviews on the Repti-Fogger, and also because this can run for 18 hours before being refilled. I was having a problem with it shutting off after a few minutes, but I think that was caused by the fact the my tubing was too long, so on its way to the humidifier it had to make a turn back up, allowing water to build in the line. I think that the humidifier was sensing a block and shutting itself off. Now that thats figured out, its been running perfect for the past 2 months, and the nice thing is that I can put a gallon of water in it and that lasts me about a week, so I have it on a timer and dont even have to think about it
    But what did you use to wet it up? I like a hose? Do you still have it hooked up now?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Johnb43

As in how does it get to the tank? Heres my viv, the humidifier is underneath in the cabinet.

Theres a rubber hose, i think half inch, thats siliconed into the opening of the humidifier. That hose runs behind and into the bottom of the enclosure. Here you can see the hose coming through the back

And once I finished the layout, I cut the hose short, and cover it in ecoearth, so now you can even find it if youre looking for it.

Thread Information