Very nice Ornate!
    I'm moving up! Lol thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default My new ornate

I like! Thanks for sharing. I have a male also love it when he croaks.

Have fun with him.

4. This member thanks Leaper for this post:

Dabrute

Default Re: My new ornate

OK I took pics..is it too soon to tell if it's a male or female?

Pyxiefan001

I look forward to the day I have enough space. . .and time to get another frog. It'll be an ornate pacman for sure. So pretty they are.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The pads are not on the bottom of the feet. Despite them being called "pads" they are not located on the bottom of the foot. They are the dark spot on the side of each thumb. Located on the side facing the chest.

This is an example of a Nuptial Pad on my male Samurai Blue. His are quite large. People please stop flipping your frogs over looking for Nuptial Pads. They are on the top of the foot.
    Name:  0127131109a.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  45.2 KB

Dabrute

Default My new ornate

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    The pads are not on the bottom of the feet. Despite them being called "pads" they are not located on the bottom of the foot. They are the dark spot on the side of each thumb. Located on the side facing the chest.

This is an example of a Nuptial Pad on my male Samurai Blue. His is quite large.
    Name:  0127131109a.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  45.2 KB
    Oh lol opps

Nationality
    [Canada]

yep Grif is right, too much stress for a frog, he's just got home, you took pics, now some more pics. nuptial pads are on a side, visible from top and are dark, but these white big lumps on a bottom are more pronounced in males then females, and are an early indication of a male. Grif pls correct me if I'm wrong, cos I haven't seen this described, but I've seen this in person numerous times. Furthermore sick, weak, etc males might loose coloration of the pads ( I've seen this), these will still be there, less visible, but that big whitish lumb will still be there. In some frogs, I'll take waxies for example, the coloration appears only during breeding season.
    so based on that I'm saying yours is most likely a boy, but wait a bit for actual pad to appear as well as he'll start calling ( or not
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Dabrute

Default My new ornate

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    yep Grif is right, too much stress for a frog, he's just got home, you took pics, now some more pics. nuptial pads are on a side, visible from top and are dark, but these white big lumps on a bottom are more pronounced in males then females, and are an early indication of a male. Grif pls correct me if I'm wrong, cos I haven't seen this described, but I've seen this in person numerous times. Furthermore sick, weak, etc males might loose coloration of the pads ( I've seen this), these will still be there, less visible, but that big whitish lumb will still be there. In some frogs, I'll take waxies for example, the coloration appears only during breeding season.
    so based on that I'm saying yours is most likely a boy, but wait a bit for actual pad to appear as well as he'll start calling ( or not
    Cool! Thanks

edsalas888

nice frog

12. This member thanks edsalas888 for this post:

Dabrute

Default My new ornate

It's hard to feed lol it can't jump like a pixie lol I know they are different lol the front legs are much shorter lol it tries and is never successful! What is the best way? I have Dubia roaches! I put it in the sterilite tub and it doesn't try to eat.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrute View Post
    It's hard to feed lol it can't jump like a pixie lol I know they are different lol the front legs are much shorter lol it tries and is never successful! What is the best way? I have Dubia roaches! I put it in the sterilite tub and it doesn't try to eat.

Buy a pair of feeding tongs and offer them to the frog in it's home by holding the food item with the tongs in front of the frog's face. You can also rub the food against the frog's mouth and it will normally strike.

Dabrute

Default My new ornate

Cool! I assume when it gets bigger, it will be easier to move around! Thanks

Dabrute

i've been feeding him/her crickets and small dubia..of course i have to put them in it's mouth and it eats just fine! Is this normal?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrute View Post
    i've been feeding him/her crickets and small dubia..of course i have to put them in it's mouth and it eats just fine! Is this normal?
    What do you mean? Are tong feeding and the frog just opens its mouth for you to place the food inside? Or do you mean force feeding?

Dabrute

Default My new ornate

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    What do you mean? Are tong feeding and the frog just opens its mouth for you to place the food inside? Or do you mean force feeding?
    It will open when I pick it up and brush the good across its mouth

Dabrute

this frog is not growing or eating..i have to hand feed it. it's front legs are too short to jump and catch food.. lol I think I want to just sell this and the full set up.

Nationality
    [United States]

Not growing in almost two months ? How long is it now from snout to vent (SVL) and how much it eats daily when you hand feed? Any new pics to share? Thank you!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Dabrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Not growing in almost two months ? How long is it now from snout to vent (SVL) and how much it eats daily when you hand feed? Any new pics to share? Thank you!
    I'll post pics later and its eats like 2-3 dubia when i feed it. its not skinny or anything..but i guess since i saw some huge ones at the expo over the weekend, i thought it should be bigger by now.

Answer these questions plz. I bet we can find out what's wrong.

Trouble in the Enclosure

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Size of enclosure
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences3. Humidity
    4. Temperature
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish6. Materials used for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.- How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often)
    10. Lighting
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12. When is the last time he/she ate
    13. Have you found poop lately
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. How old is the frog
    16. How long have you owned him/her
    17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    18. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats
    19. How often the frog is handled
    20. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area
    21. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)by Lynn(Flybyferns) and GrifTheGreat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information