Thread: Back again....bloated WTF.

Default Back again....bloated WTF.

Hello again! I posted a while back about my frog having a parasite that was surgically removed from his skin. Now, he's bloated! Will it never end?

He had surgery exactly 1 week ago, and his last BM was about 6 days ago, and was smaller than usual. He's still moving around, soaking in his water, and climbing the side of his hospital tank even though he's not supposed to. I tried putting him in a more shallow recovery tank but he was causing self trauma by jumping into the top, so my herp vet said to move him back to something larger.

Right now, the only things in his enclosure are a small half log for him to hide in and his water dish. Bottom is covered in plain damp paper towels. He's been getting 2 gut loaded medium to large crickets daily (I do not dust them as he refuses to eat them if they are). All water is treated with Repti-safe. Crickets are purchased from a commercial source.

I'm at a loss, is it time for another visit to the vet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Back again....bloated WTF.

do you have pic of him? are all walls of your enclosure covered in wet papertowels? stress might cause bloating.
    if i were you i would give vet a call, i remember your previous post, your vet is excellent and will sure give you more specific advice then we can do it over the internet.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    do you have pic of him? are all walls of your enclosure covered in wet papertowels? stress might cause bloating.
    if i were you i would give vet a call, i remember your previous post, your vet is excellent and will sure give you more specific advice then we can do it over the internet.
    We went back today and he has a new area that thd the doctor suspects to be more worms. Holding off on an enema for now as he doesn't seem uncomfortable and is on baytril topically for some redness on his abdomen and legs to be on the safe side. Sigh.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

thank you for update, hope he'll pull though! fingers crossed.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information