Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just got my first frog.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: just got my first frog.

Males are smaller than females, and have dark, dirty-yellow throats. Further, they croak and females don't (just some other ways to determine their gender ).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by armoworrior View Post
    yeah I know I'll have to grab some tomorrow and then deal with her at lunch tomorrow. and how do I add a tag saying I own the type species she is
    To add a tag you need to copy an existing image or use one of the applications on internet to make your own. Then you select the "Settings" tab on top of page (right side) and select "Edit Signature" on the left side box named My Settings. You have options there to upload a Gif from internet or your PC .

A member named Tikonides made a few Pacman and Tree Frog related one's (like mine) but he has not been active for over a year now and appears did not make one for an American Green Tree Frog.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

CAN WE get a health update on the wound?

armoworrior

she is doing ok she still hides if anyone is in the room. I know where she hides but I would like to see her more often you know. stop hiding so I can check in her more and not have to chase her to look at her hand

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by armoworrior View Post
    ... I will say one thing that compressed soil sucks to get started but its all good now ...
    Was that EcoEarth? I found them hard to re-hidrate and had pieces of plastic and rope inside. Have had better luck preparing Plantation Soil bricks; but now normally get the loose form and just need to adjust dampness. Remember to mix with dechlorinated water and keep it barely damp so it starts to clump in your closed fist without dripping water out .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

armoworrior

here is an update i cleaned her logs and now she has quit hiding behind them so much not sure why she still sits on them but not all day and night. and i started feeding her medium to large crickets instead of the small ones she seems to like them better

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

stick to medium.. large is too much for a green tree frog

armoworrior

so she started doing this really funny thing where she has decided to sit on her vines with her hands crossed fingers intertwined and lays her head down over top of them. legs crossed under her if i try to take a pic of her she hops up and runs away it to the leaves. she has this look that is like dont look at me its me time go away

PacificTreeFrogLover

it seems like a girl to me. males usually are darker on the underside of the neck and belly. though i may be wrong. i have pacific tree frogs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information