Thread: hello! newbie here, need help identifying this tadpole!

tolkien33

Default hello! newbie here, need help identifying this tadpole!

hello all, i've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities, i think its a leopard, green, or maybe a bullfrog of some sort?

got some great shots of the little fella, he just got his front legs 2 days ago, and i need help identifying to make sure his tank setup is good.
    i placed extra rocks and logs in there for him to climb out on, he seems to be doing well, i hope he knows how to get out of the water if he needs to????

i'm going to get more gravel and some sphagnum moss to build him a beach/land area. any help or suggestions is very welcomed!
    oh, he's in a 10 gallon tank, and its only him, lucky thing! i hope he makes it and understands how to get out of the water...its about 2.5-3 inches deep at the moment, is that too much?

he's so cute, and i can't believe my little camera took such great shots of him!

Name:  frontleggies01.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  89.3 KBName:  frontleggies02.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  80.3 KBName:  tank setup.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  111.5 KB

tolkien33

Default Re: hello! newbie here, need help identifying this tadpole!

[QUOTE=tolkien33;181244]hello all, i've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities, i think its a leopard, green, or maybe a bullfrog of some sort?

got some great shots of the little fella, he just got his front legs 2 days ago, and i need help identifying to make sure his tank setup is good.
    i placed extra rocks and logs in there for him to climb out on, he seems to be doing well, i hope he knows how to get out of the water if he needs to????

i'm going to get more gravel and some sphagnum moss to build him a beach/land area. any help or suggestions is very welcomed!
    oh, he's in a 10 gallon tank, and its only him, lucky thing! i hope he makes it and understands how to get out of the water...its about 2.5-3 inches deep at the moment, is that too much?

he's so cute, and i can't believe my little camera took such great shots of him!

Name:  frontleggies01.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  89.3 KBName:  frontleggies02.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  80.3 KBName:  tank setup.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  111.5 KB

hi, here are some better body shots of the little thing, maybe these will clarify the mystery tadpole-froggie!

Name:  pollywog4.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  116.5 KBName:  pollywog5.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  145.5 KBName:  pollywog6.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  108.0 KB

Thread Information