Thread: Just caught me a friend: what to feed him?

TKinley

Default Just caught me a friend: what to feed him?

Well, it was raining and I was sweeping out the garage and while doing so, this little leaping fellow appeared just inside the garage door. My 4 year old has been wanting a pet for awhile but we don't have the money, time, or desire to take care of a dog or cat. so thinking quickly I scooped the little guy up in a planters pot and set a cardboard box over the top while I ran to fetch an old 5 gallon aquarium we kept in the basement. now, its too late to get to a pet store for some crickets, and I spent the last 30 minutes wandering my yard in the dark looking for crickets. I don't want the poor guy to starve (my daughter is in the process of naming him as we speak), but I cant get ahold of any crickets till probably tomorrow after work. In the meantime, what can I feed him that we might have around the house? I used to have a 4ft iguana, and was able to feed that simply spinach, lettuce, carrots and peas (all the food I don't like: it was a great arrangement . I dropped some lettuce in the tank but he hasn't touched any that I can tell. How long will he last before starving? What else besides crickets can I feed him (preferably that one might have around the house)? Thanks in advance everyone, and please be patient as I've never cared for a frog before and will likely have MANY questions in the near future (for instance, how long do frogs typically live when cared for properly?). Hopefully I will get a response soon as I feel terribly not being able to feed this little guy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ejh805

Default Re: Just caught me a friend: what to feed him?

He should be fine not eating for a day or two.
    Frogs/Toads won't eat anything that is not alive and moving, unless "trained" to tong feed. Even then, plant matter is a no-no.

Depending on species, anywhere from 5-20 years. Can you post a picture? If someone here can identify the species, it will be easy to provide you with proper care information. Make sure he has a shallow water dish filled with dechlorinated water, so he can soak if he feels the need.

Default Re: Just caught me a friend: what to feed him?

You can feed them roaches if your house is free of pesticides,or earthworms.

Thread Information