Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need information...

djmosier

Default Re: Need information...

I'm really not sure. I can see white pads on the underside of the thumbs, and Wacca hasn't made much noise as yet. Today he/she kind of squeaked at me, and one other time, I thought I heard a sound coming from him/her. I thought he was a boy, but I just don't know enough yet to be able to tell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

djmosier

I don't know. Wacca has white pads on the underside (outside) of his/her thumbs, but I can't see anything that looks dark. He/she has only made noise twice that I know of, (and that very brief) and I've had him/her for 2 months today. (?)

Dabrute

what brand for the Vit D/Calcium or Multivitamin? i'm about to get a pacman in a few days.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrute View Post
    what brand for the Vit D/Calcium or Multivitamin? i'm about to get a pacman in a few days.
    Dabrute it is more organized if you start a new thread asking this question rather than hijacking sokeone elses thread.

Thank you.

Look for Rapashy, Rep-Cal, Herptivite, or Fluker's.

Dabrute

Default Need information...

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Dabrute it is more organized if you start a new thread asking this question rather than hijacking sokeone elses thread.

Thank you.

Look for Rapashy, Rep-Cal, Herptivite, or Fluker's.
    How is it hijacking if it was mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrute View Post
    How is it hijacking if it was mentioned?

Because you are asking what Calcium and Multivitamin to use for your frog that you are going to buy not the OP's frog.

Also you should already have these items for the King and if you don't then you had better get some.

Dabrute

Default Need information...

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Because you are asking what Calcium and Multivitamin to use for your frog that you are going to buy not the OP's frog.

Also you should already have these items for the King and if you don't then you had better get some.
    Lol true

djmosier

Okay, now I feel like I'm just being paranoid, but here goes...when I first started looking into the forum, I had totally the wrong set up for my pacman. (I think Wacca is a female, so until I learn otherwise, I'll call her a "she".) I had her in a 10 gallon tank with river rocks spread along the bottom, 3 large rocks, a plastic plant, and about 1/2" of water in the bottom of the tank. When I learned more, I bought coconut fiber substrate (kept moist), a water bath, liner for 3 walls of the enclosure, a red light, calcium w/vit D, and a multivitamin - and I ordered a thermometer and hygrometer as well as a heat mat. As suggested, I put plastic wrap over about 2/3 of the lid to hold in the heat/humidity. Before the new enclosure, Wacca would hunker down amongst the river rocks, (I later learned that she was trying to "hide"), and she ate really well; in fact, I was worried that I might be overfeeding her until I called the pet shop owner and he told me that as long as she was hungry, feed her. I got everything in place with the new set up (minus the thermometer/hygrometer/heat mat) 2 days ago, and now all she wants to do is bury herself - completely - in the substrate. I can barely get her to eat. Should I be worried, or is she just reacting to the stress of having her whole environment changed - or to the euphoria of finally having substrate to bury herself in? Please help. I don't want her to die. Thank you.

Nationality
    [Canada]

you take pics of her thumbs and post here, we'll tell you

don't worry, she is adjusting, you set up everything 2 days ago, right? and now she is on a nice eco earth? then if temp and humidity are fine and you have covered 3 sides of the enclosure, let her be. she was eating like crazy you said? then she'll come along. at size 3" they usually don't overeat, just offer good food, nightcrawlers, dubia. for tiny ones there is 15 min/everyday rule, but older ones are regulating amount of food intake themselves usually very well.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

djmosier

Yes, I set it up 2 days ago. I'm not sure about temp/humidity as yet, because those gauges/heat mat are on order, but I live in Florida, so I think she's pretty safe in that regard for the time being. I put the red light on her at night, since the temp drops pretty significantly. I feed her crickets (gut-loaded) and earthworms, and since I got her 2 months ago, one pinky mouse. Okay, I won't worry since she's probably just settling in. I do have another question, however. I need to give her the multivitamin; should I bring her out of the substrate to feed her? And I'm attaching a photo of her thumb. Thank you.
    Name:  0528032251.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  51.6 KB

Nationality
    [Canada]

you have a girl from what i can see, it's a bit blurry though.
    did you just take her out to take pic? then leave her alone now, don't worry about vitamins/food, etc... she needs to settle down and she got some fat to last a bit lol when did she ate last and how much?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

djmosier

No, I took that yesterday. Sorry it's blurry, but that was the best pic I could get. She wouldn't hold still. (Neither would I if someone was holding me on my back trying to take a picture of my thumb!)
    She ate last night (2 crickets - grudgingly) I also put 2 more in the enclosure and removed the back legs. There's no evidence of them now, so unless they buried themselves in the substrate too, then she must have eaten them.
    I've left her alone today, and was debating giving her the multivitamin because she hasn't had any since I bought her. She did have calcium/vit D yesterday, so I'll take your advice and just let her be. Thanks.

Nationality
    [United States]

Right now would leave frog alone so it settles down in new enclosure. Even after I clean and return Fresita to same set-up it buries and remains dissed with me for couple days. As long as enclosure parameters are correct; if a healthy frog is buried; let it be. Also, would stop handling frog to figure out sex. I call mine Fresita since she was 1.5 in. and have no idea if really a female.

After letting her be for a couple days; would check to see if she is partially visible and then resume feeding with dusted worm on whaever was on schedule (vitamins). If head is not out, would then leave a few loose crickets and see if they "disappear" by morning. Good luck and do not stress out about frog !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

djmosier

Thank you Carlos. Yesterday, Wacca was completely buried, but later uncovered her head. I think, based on what I've been told, that she'll be fine. She does seem fat and healthy, and the two crickets did disappear. Trying not to stress...

djmosier

Another question...(this one's a little more general) It's about water. As stated before, I live in a very small town, with very limited availability on most things - water included. I have a Pur water filter, and that filtered water is what I've been using thus far. If I wanted to purchase water from town, the store has only distilled and spring water. I can go to Walmart in either of the surrounding towns and buy spring, distilled, and drinking water. Is my filtered water enough, or do I need to buy another kind, and if so, which one would be the most appropriate?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by djmosier View Post
    Another question...(this one's a little more general) It's about water. As stated before, I live in a very small town, with very limited availability on most things - water included. I have a Pur water filter, and that filtered water is what I've been using thus far. If I wanted to purchase water from town, the store has only distilled and spring water. I can go to Walmart in either of the surrounding towns and buy spring, distilled, and drinking water. Is my filtered water enough, or do I need to buy another kind, and if so, which one would be the most appropriate?
    You will still need to treat her water with a dechlorinating agent/water conditioner. Those filters do not remove all the chemicals and heavy metals in the water.

djmosier

Okay, thanks.

djmosier

When I came home from work this morning, Wacca's head was out, so I put 2 crickets in with her. She has eaten them both. (Yay!)

Nationality
    [Canada]

i think she wasn't too happy with you giving her just 2 crickets lol

djmosier

I didn't want to put in more than 2 crickets unsupervised, since I had to go to bed, but am getting ready to feed her more now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information