Thread: Just spent 135$ on tree frogs and habitat and....

binskiboi

Default Just spent 135$ on tree frogs and habitat and....

Hello, I just spent 135$+ on 2 tree frogs and a tank with supplies and such for them... the past 3 days they haven't come out a single time... I have leaf vines on the back of the container that has about 2 inches thick of forest type leaving (if that makes sense O.o)... so 1 tree frog named forest has sat in the SAME spot all 3 days without moving.... I fed him crickets today I just put them by his mouth in his little spot and he ate it without moving right away. And the other frog... I have no clue where he is, it would be SO easy to hide in my area I have provided from them... So I put a bunch of crickets in there for him... Basically this is a ranting thread. I just spent so much money to not even see 1 of them and the other to just sit there. Not saying they are dumb, just disapointed with their complete inactivity and hiding so much. /sigh.

P.S. I'm thinking about getting a pacman frog soon because I've heard they are easy to take care of. Just get a decent sized crittercage/plastic storing container and 2"+ of dirt an d they will be happy. I find them hilarious and fun to watch them eat. Can anyone confirm whether they are easy to manage or not?

Well there's my rant! Advice anyone?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Just spent 135$ on tree frogs and habitat and....

Wait for lights out. Get a dim flash light and you will see them active after dark.

Paul Rust

Frogs will be stressed when first introduced to a new environment. Put them in a quiet place and leave them alone. Just sneak up on them now and then to feed them and check on them. As far as cost goes, I have spent that much on one frog (R.amazonica) and hardly ever see them all out at once. The joy comes from seeing them out when you least expect it.

binskiboi

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    Frogs will be stressed when first introduced to a new environment. Put them in a quiet place and leave them alone. Just sneak up on them now and then to feed them and check on them. As far as cost goes, I have spent that much on one frog (R.amazonica) and hardly ever see them all out at once. The joy comes from seeing them out when you least expect it.
    Yeah, guess you and kurt are right. Just wondering if I should have put that much vine there cause I may never see them lol. Could you guys tell me any info on the pacman frog? Just curious

Paul Rust

Believe it or not, the more hiding places you have, the more they will be out in the open.

binskiboi

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    Believe it or not, the more hiding places you have, the more they will be out in the open.
    :O????

binskiboi

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Wait for lights out. Get a dim flash light and you will see them active after dark.
    How do they act at night? Like slight movement or do they jump around and everything?

binskiboi

You're right! I just went in my room after having all my fish tank light and room lights off for an hour and I see one of them! Just relaxing in his water bowl

tyjare

Pac man frog are really easy i had mine in a 10 gallon with coconut fiber and a water dish but if your looking for activity not the best frog. they just sit there till it is time to be fed

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by binskiboi View Post
    You're right! I just went in my room after having all my fish tank light and room lights off for an hour and I see one of them! Just relaxing in his water bowl

Now you can relax....... and enjoy them.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by binskiboi View Post
    How do they act at night? Like slight movement or do they jump around and everything?
    Depends upon the species. my White's jump around a lot, the rococo toad (I know we are talking treefrogs, but I thought I would mention the toad) is a total spaz after dark, the red-eyes quietly move about, and the rest well there awake too and pretty much the same way the others previously mentioned are.

Funny thing is from time to time I am asked if the rococo is even alive as he just sit there during the day. I just say "Yes, he's alive. You should see him at night. Smashing into things and making a mess of the place."

into

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    You should see him at night. Smashing into things and making a mess of the place."
    My white's do the same thing. Every morning the encloser is trashed. I bought a couple plastic castles (meant for hermit crabs) on clearance and put them in there for hides. Every morning, one of the castles is in their pond on it's side. I have no idea how they knock it over every single night.

Thread Information