Thread: sad day

Default sad day

sigh....so i housed my new little pixie in a smaller tank inside of the big tank i keep my 7 inch male nad 4 inch female....the little guy or girl got out of its tank and into the bigger tank and was taken by my big guy....i guess this is a lesson learned...even in seperate containers, dont let them have any possible way of getting to eachother RIP little guy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

SCF

Default Re: sad day

Quote Originally Posted by habeeb View Post
    sigh....so i housed my new little pixie in a smaller tank inside of the big tank i keep my 7 inch male nad 4 inch female....the little guy or girl got out of its tank and into the bigger tank and was taken by my big guy....i guess this is a lesson learned...even in seperate containers, dont let them have any possible way of getting to eachother RIP little guy
    I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for posting though, i'm sure it will help future and current pyxie owners.

4. This member thanks SCF for this post:

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm sorry to hear about your little guy

I lost my Chorus frog, Chrome, in a very similar way; he escaped, and unfortunately, and because I never found him, the most likely thing he did was head into my big bullfrog's tank.. and you can guess the rest so, I know how you feel and I want to let you know that you are not the first person to have had this or something similar happen.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im sorry for your loss .

This is a serious lesson to be learned. More than likely your big guy is the reason the little one got out. The large male probably knocked the lid off of the smaller enclosure while attempting to attack the little one through its enclosure. These are strong frogs and when they get determined to get or do something they will keep it up until they succeed or wear themselves out in the process. Highly cannibalistic species should be kept separate even if housed like this.

pyxieBob

Default sad day

darn that really sucks, I'm sorry for your loss. Most of us know your pain . sorry again

Thread Information