Thread: GUYS I NEED HELP Determining this C cranweli morph or is it a different species?

ianski333

Question GUYS I NEED HELP Determining this C cranweli morph or is it a different species?

i saw her at my local pet store and they priced her around 6000 php around 120$
    the owner told me that it has a morph gene in it wich is a bit rare he presumed,
    i just want to assure myself of geting a good female to breed my lime green..

Name:  IMG_2077.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  68.3 KBName:  IMG_2079.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  70.6 KBName:  IMG_2080.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  68.6 KB
    by the looks in my pictures her back legs seems to be longer than most CC iv seen so far and he looks like of that pacific Horned frog
    btw i am new to this awesome forum and i am looking for an honest feedback. what do you guys think?

thanks fellow frogsmen!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: GUYS I NEED HELP Determining this C cranweli morph or is it a different species?

Quote Originally Posted by ianski333 View Post
    i saw her at my local pet store and they priced her around 6000 php around 120$
    the owner told me that it has a morph gene in it wich is a bit rare he presumed,
    i just want to assure myself of geting a good female to breed my lime green..

Name:  IMG_2077.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  68.3 KBName:  IMG_2079.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  70.6 KBName:  IMG_2080.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  68.6 KB
    by the looks in my pictures her back legs seems to be longer than most CC iv seen so far and he looks like of that pacific Horned frog
    btw i am new to this awesome forum and i am looking for an honest feedback. what do you guys think?

thanks fellow frogsmen!
    Its not a Pacific Horned Frog Ceratophrys stolzmani. Its a Cranwelli. I cannot get a good look from the pictures of what morph of cranwelli it is though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: GUYS I NEED HELP Determining this C cranweli morph or is it a different species?

One more thing, the reason the legs look longer is because they are splayed out. When these frogs are kept on water over a slick surface (such as glass or plastic), they have nothing to grip against. This does not allow their legs to develop properly. Eventually it leads to malformation and muscle atrophy. These are not aquatic frogs and should not be kept as such.

ianski333

Thanks foir the tip GrifDgreat
    i feel bad if it where a malformation of the legs T_T
    but then i will be observing it more. i might tell the owner of the store to give it a proper substrate. i
    it's been in that small glass container for long periods of time i believe. i really feel bad. btw sorry for the bad picture.. will try and take another good photo

Nationality
    [United States]

I looks a lot like the mint frog I got with my blues from mike .

7. This member thanks Cwcuz2112 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

That Pacman is being kept in the wrong environment and presume fed the wrong food too (goldfish). Recommend you pass this one and keep looking for a healthier animal. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

9. This member thanks Mentat for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

yeah, I agree with Carlos, that frog is too much work for you, you better get healthier one especially if you wanna breed it eventually as you said in your first post. try to find breeders around you and get directly.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

ianski333

Name:  IMG_2132.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  87.6 KBName:  IMG_2133.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  80.4 KBName:  IMG_2139.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  89.6 KBName:  IMG_2144.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  89.7 KBName:  IMG_2143.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  57.4 KB

awesome feedback guys! appreciate it a lot... i really feel bad on the poor fella & i made decision of keeping him.
    in the phils it is really rare to get pacman frogs specially with morphs as of people dunno value out of morphs and i am only a passionate hobbyiest.
    i made a deal out that pet store and they let it go for 100$ iv been giving it sufficient high calcum and protein for recovery..

hes been gaining alot of weight lately and i dhust crickets 1nce a week as far as the nutrients concern hes Goldfish consumption has declined i only give him feeder fish occationally.. since they are use to it theyv been really picky eating crickets even fuzzies and meal worms but then again i get to feed them by luck..

hes rear legs are getting back in proportion and in this picture i only cleaned him after he boweled he loves hes new cocofiber substrate and hes been able to borrow little by little...

i hate how some pet store dunno the proper care and just let em be for profit.....
    ill keep this little fella for keeps! i dunno if he's a female or male tough.. still hard to find since i dunno how many months. he looks sub adult to me tough, doesnt make any sounds croaks.

ianski333

Thumbs up Re: GUYS I NEED HELP Determining this C cranweli morph or is it a different species?

Name:  IMG_2092.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  84.0 KBName:  IMG_2112.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  82.1 KB
    just want to share my lime green cranwelli he is blueish green sometimes and he loves fish he is afraid of mice after giving him a live one and it faught back..he also dislike crickets
    this fella has a picky apettite he loves to borrow also i feed him 1nce a week now

Nationality
    [United States]

Name:  IMG_2092.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  84.0 KBName:  IMG_2112.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  82.1 KB
    just want to share my lime green cranwelli he is blueish green sometimes and he loves fish he is afraid of mice after giving him a live one and it faught back..he also dislike crickets
    this fella has a picky apettite he loves to borrow also i feed him 1nce a week now
    You be feeding him every other day to every 2 days. Offer him Night Crawlers and you are better off not to offer him fish. They are loaded with disease. Don't feed live mice. You can give him prekilled frozen/thawed mice once a month.

Offer a variety of food, but you are better off to stay away from giving him fish.

14. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

ianski333

African Night crawler (vermie) Philippines - 13406619 i seem cant find em in pet shops but i found a link online similar to craigslist that sells em... are these ok somehow? iv seen huge nightcrawlers but i dunno the specific species but then again search more further..

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Another good choice for live feeder is Blaptica Dubia roaches.
    They are easy to start a colony and in 5 to 6 months you will have a surplus.

I just got 50 nymphs from another member here and I fed a few of them to my Little Peptio
    and He loves them.

As far as worms go just about any earth work except Red wrigglers Those make a bad tasting gel when bitten and will make your frog
    hate worms.
    I gave one to my Whites and I wish I would have gotten it on video. He opened up his mouth as wide as he could and took both of his
    front legs trying to get that worm out of his mouth while backing up nearly a foot. LOL

Nationality
    [United States]

African Night crawler (vermie) Philippines - 13406619 i seem cant find em in pet shops but i found a link online similar to craigslist that sells em... are these ok somehow? iv seen huge nightcrawlers but i dunno the specific species but then again search more further..
    If those are true African Night Crawlers (Eudrillus eugeniae), they are OK for feeding frogs .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information