Thread: Pacman seems very unactive and does not want to eat

chefrobert

Default Pacman seems very unactive and does not want to eat

Hey Everyone I got a baby pacman 2 days ago. I put him in a 5 gallon tank with a big shallow water dish. One big fake plant. I have very moistened eco earth as a bottom. The air temp during the day is 82 and at night 72 to 75 I have a heating pad and a uvb light. I put a couple small crickets in on saturday when I got him and he has stayed buried for the the last two days with just hes eyes poking out?? I know it is normal for them to just sit in one position but the crickets walk right over him. Is he just adjusting. Also the humidity is between 65 and 80. Is he just adjusting? should I not bother him at all and wait for him to come around. I need some experienced help thanks everyone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman seems very unactive and does not want to eat

Quote Originally Posted by chefrobert View Post
    Hey Everyone I got a baby pacman 2 days ago. I put him in a 5 gallon tank with a big shallow water dish. One big fake plant. I have very moistened eco earth as a bottom. The air temp during the day is 82 and at night 72 to 75 I have a heating pad and a uvb light. I put a couple small crickets in on saturday when I got him and he has stayed buried for the the last two days with just hes eyes poking out?? I know it is normal for them to just sit in one position but the crickets walk right over him. Is he just adjusting. Also the humidity is between 65 and 80. Is he just adjusting? should I not bother him at all and wait for him to come around. I need some experienced help thanks everyone
    Get rid of the UVB light. It is not necessary.

72° to 75° is much too cold for a baby. They need no less than 78° at all times. 82° during the day.

You may have to move the little guy/girl into a medium critter keeper with a UTH made for Hermit Crab enclosures placed on the side because these UTHs are safe for plastic. Cover all sides with some sort of static cling background for added security. Cover the lid with Saran Wrap taped onto the lid leaving the vents on the sides open and cut a whole in the top where the access door is so tbat you can drop food in and tong feed.

Thread Information