Thread: RETF shock and stroke ?

Crazy Frog

Default RETF shock and stroke ?

Hi everyone , I was moving my RETR to another tank and was catching them out with my hand one by one as usual
    But I had hold on to a RETF much longer than the others as I was trying to spot the black marking near the thumb area to learn how to sex them by the marking and is was struggling after 20sec its lower limb started to cramp up and straighten like it was having a lower limb cramp and I quickly left it to rest but after two days its didn't recover instead both the hind legs are not able to move at all Had anyone experience this before ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: RETF shock and stroke ?

From your description it appears your frog got injured (suspect spinal cord) during handling and has lost control of hind legs. Could be temporary and frog experience recovery. Any other symptoms (change of color in rear area, etc.) or changed behavior (feeding, etc.)? Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    From your description it appears your frog got injured (suspect spinal cord) during handling and has lost control of hind legs. Could be temporary and frog experience recovery. Any other symptoms (change of color in rear area, etc.) or changed behavior (feeding, etc.)? Good luck !
    The colour seem to be dull green and since it only moving with the front legs, it's moving kind of slow to catch any food for now

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Would relocate to hospital type set-up now. It's important that it gets food so body can conduct any possible repairs. I've never had an injured frog but have dealt with large fish damaging their spinal cord. If sprain it may recover, if spine is broken it may heal but remain paralized; or frog condition will deteriorate fast. If you have a local veterinary with frog experience could consult too. Main thing right now is to ensure it's eating and to minimize stress.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Crazy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Would relocate to hospital type set-up now. It's important that it gets food so body can conduct any possible repairs. I've never had an injured frog but have dealt with large fish damaging their spinal cord. If sprain it may recover, if spine is broken it may heal but remain paralized; or frog condition will deteriorate fast. If you have a local veterinary with frog experience could consult too. Main thing right now is to ensure it's eating and to minimize stress.
    I had just setup a small tank for it and will monitor it , hope it get well.

Thread Information