Thread: pool full of toad tads..what's the laws in pa..I'd love to give them homes

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default pool full of toad tads..what's the laws in pa..I'd love to give them homes

I've got a pool/pond full of toad tads & would love to find them homes, but not sure of the laws in Pa on toads..I know gray tree frogs u can't sell, trade, barter, etc.., but is it the same for the common northeastern toads?
    I saw the pair laying the eggs & monitored their progress til they hatched so I'm 100% positive they are toads.
    The proof is in the pics : )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: pool full of toad tads..what's the laws in pa..I'd love to give them homes

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/repamp.html

Your allowed up to 15 eggs/tads.

Just Google amphibian laws in PA and check out a couple of the other sites that pop up too

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: pool full of toad tads..what's the laws in pa..I'd love to give them homes

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    Interesting laws; wonder how they got the 15 eggs/tad limit estimated. According to this, in PA you can only have one Eastern Grey Tree frog captive at a time .

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieamanda View Post
    I've got a pool/pond full of toad tads & would love to find them homes...
    They are home !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

the limit on the eastern american toad is 1. i agree with carlos, they are home
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Nationality
    [United States]

Default pool full of toad tads..what's the laws in pa..I'd love to give them homes

You can, if done properly and without giving them disease, raise and release them. It should only be done within PA to prevent invasive species transfer.

A couple years ago we raised and released a bunch. It is a bit of work, but rewarding.

They should, however, do just fine in your pool unless you chlorinate it. If you could wait a month to do so they should be ready to leave. Or...if you could gently transfer them to a shallow kids pool, that will work too. They need rain water, dechlorinated/treated tap water or spring water. They will eat algae so if you transfer them be sure to put a bit of green stuff from your pool in with them.

With that many I think I'd just let them grow, take a few photos, and wait to chlorinate your pool .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

you could also collect them and transfer them to a local pond and let nature take it's course. remember even by nature's design, not all are meant to survive. that is why they lay so many eggs.
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Nationality
    [United States]

Pa has some really random laws for sure..15 go figure! I must admit toads are really amusing & one of my favorite amphibians I don't use the pool any more, my neighbors house literally exploded & then burned down sending burning debris into it that caused melted burn holes, as well as, caused his ammunition to go off which shot though the pool (I'm being completely honest these things really happen to me!)so the pool is unusable yet holds enough water for the local frogs & toads. I'm planning on making a permanent pond for them so I can get another pool liner... so humans can use the pool but ill transfer anything living out of the pool first. I go thru this every yr so its a mad rush to clean the yard before the toadlets/froglets emerge from the pool. I don't know how many of you have seen toadlets(ill post a pic) but they are REALLY tiny, its quit a challenge to avoid them, so we don't use or clean the yard until they've dispursed: )

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieamanda View Post
    ...my neighbors house literally exploded & then burned down sending burning debris into it that caused melted burn holes, as well as, caused his ammunition to go off which shot though the pool...
    Wow... who are your neighbors ?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol he is a retired state trooper and he was not happy about the house exploding or burning down! one of the workers, had nothing to do w the fire/explsion, was standing inside the door and was blown about 15 feet out the house along w all the doors & windows! After the explosion the owner ran in to get shoes, iPad and iPhone & was trapped inside as the fire engulfed the house! Myself & that same guy, blown out of the house, were trying to put out the fire, which started in the garage and was too advanced to put out, so he ran into the house fully engulfed w flames & smoke and carried the owner out, he has advanced stages of Parkinson's. That family, their friends, our neighbors & all the fire dept, emts, detectives, news reporters, etc were at my house all day. I won't forget that day for a long time! Btw they are finally digging the foundation for the new house & the fire was a yr ago!! Aren't u glad u asked? Lol

Thread Information