Thread: A new member with a few quick pictures of my new White's Tree Frog setup

pettios

Default A new member with a few quick pictures of my new White's Tree Frog setup

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello and here are a few quick pictures I took of my new WTF setup! They aren't the greatest quality but they are better than nothing. I hope you enjoy. Their names are Tony, Bruce, and Thor from left to right.

Name:  pettios-albums-first-pics-frogs-picture53485-img-20130513-182731.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  84.8 KBName:  pettios-albums-first-pics-frogs-picture53486-img-20130513-182812.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  73.8 KBName:  pettios-albums-first-pics-frogs-picture53487-img-20130513-182820.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  103.3 KBName:  pettios-albums-first-pics-frogs-picture53488-img-20130513-182830.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  68.6 KB

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: A new member with a few quick pictures of my new White's Tree Frog setup

Hello Pettios and welcome to FF! Would suggest covering the enclosure back and 2 sides with background or any paper you like. Did you had a chance to read this: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea ?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

pettios

Default Re: A new member with a few quick pictures of my new White's Tree Frog setup

Thanks for the warm welcome Carlos. I definitely appreciate both the link and the paper suggestion. I'm new to frog keeping, and, just like all of you who are more experienced, my number one goal is to keep my frogs healthy so I really value your advice. I found some paper grocery bags which I cut to size and taped to the outside of the glass. For some improvisation, the look if it isn't too bad at all. I'll post another picture when the terrarium light is on tomorrow. I've briefly looked through the care sheet that you linked and it looks like there are some improvements I can make. Thanks again for the kindness!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default A new member with a few quick pictures of my new White's Tree Frog setup

Welcome to the forum .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

paul3col

Hi and welcome, what temp and humidity do you have?

expresstiffani

this is pretty cool wear did you get the drift wood?

Hidr

Welcome

pettios

Quote Originally Posted by paul3col View Post
    Hi and welcome, what temp and humidity do you have?
    Right now I have a 100W ceramic heat emitter on top of the left third of the terrarium. It keeps the warm spot at about 80F. I think according to the care sheet I need to have it slightly warmer than that. My current setup has the heater elevated above the tank; I tried placing it directly on the mesh lid or propping it up an inch with some small sections of 1x2 but then it gets into the 90s so I changed back to the elevated position. I did purchase a HygroTherm but I haven't found a good way to feed the sensor through my mesh lid (homemade without any pass-through holes). If been maintaining that temperature 24/7, something else I plan to change when I install the HygroTherm.

Quote Originally Posted by expresstiffani View Post
    this is pretty cool wear did you get the drift wood?
    That driftwood piece was just something I picked up at Petco when I bought the frogs originally. I'm going to need to upgrade to a larger tank soon (plan on setting it up over Memorial Day weekend) so I will probably end up purchasing some drift wood sections from Josh's Frogs, unless I find another similar store. My current tank had just been sitting around for a while (the mark on the bottom says 1979) and is developing some cracks along the bottom which I believe is from the wire shelf/stand on which it is currently located. I plan on building a custom display/storage case as well.

Additionally, after reading through the care sheet I replace the eco earth coco fiber with a LECA/sphagnum setup.

paul3col

I have my sensor through my mesh, i cut a hole and placed a grommet in the hole and ran the sensor through that. Use the grommets that don't have the centre hole cut out, cut an x into the centre and push the sensor though that.

Thread Information