Thread: Hey everyone, i finally decided to stop lurking and contribute (pics)

CHiNO

Default Hey everyone, i finally decided to stop lurking and contribute (pics)

this is my new patternless green cranwelli. i am not new to pacman frogs, i've kept them for most of my life. now ive recently decided to jump back in it. i also have a budgett's frog as well. thanks guys
    Name:  PART_1367972696705.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  33.5 KB Name:  PART_1367972716053.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  33.6 KB

CHiNO

Default Re: Hey everyone, i finally decided to stop lurking and contribute (pics)

btw do you guys know if this is a before and after picture? i am really hoping that my frog loses the "lipstick" part of his/her face. thanks any help will do!
    Name:  d24fa180.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  28.9 KBName:  0b2dbbb6.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  28.1 KB

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...cman-frog.html
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; May 8th, 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added link

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hey everyone, i finally decided to stop lurking and contribute (pics)

Your frog looks like a "Lipstick" Pacman. The second two photo's appears to be different frogs to me .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

CHiNO

i was told by the shop that the breeder stated that in juvi. form the two are smiliar but the changes will happen once the color sets in or fades..please someone clarify

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by CHiNO View Post
    btw do you guys know if this is a before and after picture? i am really hoping that my frog loses the "lipstick" part of his/her face. thanks any help will do!
    Name:  d24fa180.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  28.9 KBName:  0b2dbbb6.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  28.1 KB

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...cman-frog.html
    Hi CHiNO, Welcome to the Forum!

I added the link where you got these photos from. Please be sure to cite any pictures that are not yours.

In these pictures, the frog on the left is a "lipstick pacman." It is a Cranwelli morph that was first produced by The Frog Ranch. The Frog Ranch | Lipstick Horned Frog. There are very few photos of them. I have noticed that several different retailers advertising this morph all use the same photo. I have never seen a confirmed photo of one as an adult so I can't really tell you how they look. Horned frogs can change quite drastically as they mature so you never know exactly what they will look like as adults.

The photo on the right is of a "Green Apple." They are a cross between a Cranwelli and a Joazierensis. I have seen them mislabeled as reduced patterned Cranwellis. But they are not a stable hybrid. Very few of them reach adulthood, so there aren't many pictures of them.
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; May 11th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by CHiNO View Post
    i was told by the shop that the breeder stated that in juvi. form the two are smiliar but the changes will happen once the color sets in or fades..please someone clarify
    Some of them will darken as they age. Some will have their pattern fade more or become more pronounced. I would venture that around 3-4 months you will have a better idea of what its colors will be. By 8 months it should have its adult colors.

CHiNO

thanks for the welcome and advice! i will definitely update everyone on the color of my frog. i really do hope that the "lipstick" part fades...

CHiNO

thanks for the welcome and advice! i will definitely update everyone on the color of my frog. i really do hope that the "lipstick" part fades...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

paul3col

Hi Chino and welcome.

CHiNO

hey thanks paul3col!!! glad to be here

Thread Information