Thread: Emperor Scorpion Babies: what do I do?

findiviglio

Default Emperor Scorpion Babies: what do I do?

Hi All,

Emperor Scorpions give birth to live young, and most hobbyists are thrilled when this happens. However, scorpion reproduction breaks many of the rules that apply to other pets. For example, a female that has been alone for 14 months may one day be found with 30 tiny white youngsters, or scorplings, on her back! Ive written about scorpion breeding and care in detail elsewhere (please see links below), but thought that an article describing what steps one should take when first discovering youngsters would be usefulespecially if your female turns out to be a less-than-perfect mom and begins eating her new creations! Please also be sure to post your questions and concerns below, as scorpion births often take owners by surprise, and Ill be sure to get right back to you. Read more here “My Emperor Scorpion Has Babies…What Should I Do”?
    Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

Thanks, Frank
    My Bio, with photos of animals Ive been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information