Thread: Few questions

Chinchilla527

Question Few questions

hey guys, wats up.
    I got questions for you guys:
    firstly: is this NutriBAC staff useable on pacman when they lost appetite or any similar problem. Moreover if its a yes, do I dust the food or a "nutribac bath" is the right way to do it?

secondly: I once read on a chat that shrimp has decent amount of nutritions, I wonder if I can feed pacman with shrimps a lot more often than other treats, and when I do so, do I remove all it's shell before feeding or just the top part on the head but leave the rest?

thirdly: For monthly worm control, take Panacur for example, how to decside the proper quantity? Is it ok if I use the amount equal to the size of the frog's eyeball?

cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Chinchilla527 View Post
    hey guys, wats up.
    I got questions for you guys:
    firstly: is this NutriBAC staff useable on pacman when they lost appetite or any similar problem. Moreover if its a yes, do I dust the food or a "nutribac bath" is the right way to do it?

secondly: I once read on a chat that shrimp has decent amount of nutritions, I wonder if I can feed pacman with shrimps a lot more often than other treats, and when I do so, do I remove all it's shell before feeding or just the top part on the head but leave the rest?

thirdly: For monthly worm control, take Panacur for example, how to decside the proper quantity? Is it ok if I use the amount equal to the size of the frog's eyeball?

cheers.
    NutriBAC appears safe for the treatment of mild bacterial infections. So yes you can give it to your Pacman IF AND ONLY IF the frog actually has a bacterial infection, but one properly measured dose will not hurt. You will still need to give some kind of food supplement for sick Reptiles and Amphibians like Fluker's Repta Boost.

Shrimp can only be used as a treat when they come from a clean source. This means you will have to know for sure that they do not contain parasites or disease before you can actually use them as a treat feeder. Yes remove the shell and tail because the chitin that the shell is made from will be difficult for the frog to digest. Only offer them sparingly if at all.

Panacur can be used to treat for parasitic worms. Use proper dosing by weight. It is best to prepare a dose for ingestion rather tahn the bath. The bath can kill all the worms at once causing Septic Shock and death. A low dose given orally is best. One drop given orally once per week for 4 weeks. Always have a vet test a fecal sample before assuming that your frog has worms unless tbey are visible in the frogs feces. No need to treat a parasite free frog if it is not infected.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Chinchilla527 View Post

NutriBac is a Pro-biotic and as such, it's supposed to improve the beneficial bacteria flora of an organism digestive system. You can find more information on it's mode of use and benefits here: NutriBAC Probiotics for Reptile Health. I think for a bath using unflavored "Pedialyte" (or similar product available in China) at a 1 part Pedialyte to 10 parts dechlorinated water ratio (80F solution) for 15 minutes will have better result.

Based on my experience, I try not to feed any animal, foods that are not in their natural diet. Captive Pacman's perfect food are earthworms (i.e. Night Crawlers). You can alternate with gut loaded crickets or similar insects. There are also prepared foods you can alternate with.

thirdly: For monthly worm control, take Panacur for example, how to decside the proper quantity? Is it ok if I use the amount equal to the size of the frog's eyeball? cheers.
    Dose is 50 mg. Panacur per kg. of frog weight. Do not use frog eyeball diameter as a guide . Suggest getting fecal sample done at Veterinary and then treat frog for parasites as required.
    Hope this helps and good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Chinchilla527

Thx a lot guys, your answer are being both helpfull and professional. I've learned a lot.

Thread Information