Thread: Animals in plastic boxes (Really Useful Boxes)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Animals in plastic boxes (Really Useful Boxes)

Seen on a uk site i use someone preparing a 5lt RUB for their hognose snake, and it's rather annoyed me. In the uk there are alot of issues with holding events or even opening up shops in regards to animal welfare folks (imagine you guys have the same issues) And after seeing a pic of this no wonder they are annoyed. I mean surely you buy an animal, apart from it being super cute and awesome looking (joke), the most important part is making sure that they are looked after, and this usually means attempting to re-create partially their natural habitat, whilst i realise this will never be the case, at least we provide something as close to it as we can achieve. SO the idea of sticking an animal in a small plastic tub and sticking it in a rack like filing away some paperwork, but tis okay, cos you've slung in some soil and a hide for it.

sorry if this offends anyone, or if someone does have similar setup if they'd like to tell me more about it. it just did not look good for me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Animals in plastic boxes (Really Useful Boxes)

Without pics or better descriptions of these "annoying" plastic boxes it's not possible to comment on situation. I have seen videos of some "expert" preparing a 4x4x6 in. or craft box as a "vivarium" for a frog and that is very wrong.

At the same time, there are professional built rack systems for some reptiles/amphibians (i.e. Vision Products – Racks) and there is nothing wrong with them. As a matter of fact I'm currently saving money for a small one... and no offense taken !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

this is the kind of thing (sorry pic would not load up) 5ltr RUB setup help. - Reptile Forums

i dunno, i just dont get the idea of collecting these pets up and then sticking them away in draws, its like getting a dog and putting it in a cupboard under the stairs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Meefloaf View Post
    ...its like getting a dog and putting it in a cupboard under the stairs
    Respect your thoughts, however; that is one odd comparison . Dogs and reptile/amphibian social and habitat requirements could not be more disimilar .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

requirements may be different, but, it was more a comment on space being given. just for me, i don't understand someone buying an animal to look after and then putting it in a box that is maybe only 5times bigger in floor space than itself.

part of it may be the fact i see it as a bit like collecting "ooo thats pretty i'll get one of those, ooo and one of them"

Thread Information