Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pros and Cons of Letting a Young WC Toad Go Free

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pros and Cons of Letting a Young WC Toad Go Free

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Charles Bruckner View Post
    Love that you get to keep furry and froggy loved ones, Sad that you lost the littlest furry one but you did what you could. and very glad tat you did do the correct thing by calling a wildlife rehab.
    Oh, me too! Zoey's a senior kitty and the one lady that expressed an interest in her ended up going for a kitten instead. That happens a lot, and a shelter is a hard place for any critter to be. Glad nobody has to deal with that. Fiendly was completely bald (they're usually born with fine hair) but he was soooo soft, and so fragile.

I called 5 rehabbers, and the one in Maine was the only group to phone me back. Called the numbers she gave me and left msgs, but no replies. They might know what momma bat knew, that he wasn't going to be viable. They're not known for leaving their newborn babies around. Wouldn't have touched him, but he was at the very bottom of my hallway stairs and I thought I was moving something my neighbor stepped on... later he did step on what I believe was Fiendly's mom. Some people don't like bats. They scare me flying around in the house, but I've caught and released two, tho the 2nd I punched in the face 1st (it was an accident!). Only a small percent carry rabies, and even if his mom had been infected, it's not passed on that way, from mother to child. I'd like to believe there was good reason for the rehabbers not to call me back, and that calling them is still the thing to do if a truly orphaned or injured bat (or other wild animal) is found. Bats get a bad rap, sort of like toads, but they're really pretty awesome creatures. Like toads!
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information