Thread: Baby Pacman won't eat!

keltiii

Default Baby Pacman won't eat!

I got my baby pacman just over two weeks ago he's about 1 1/2 inches and i haven't been able to get him to eat, the only way i can get him to eat is to rub the tip of my finger on his mouth until he opens it and to pop the food in. I've been keeping him temporarily in a plastic tank about a foot and a half long with cocoanut fiber a few plastic plants and a 1 inch deep water dish. his humidity is about 85/90 and his temp is 75/85, i change his water dish every other day and treat in and mist his cage twice a day with treated water. I've tried feeding him waxworms, mealworms, butterworms and crickets but he won't eat any of them by himself. He doesn't look sick he has none of the symptoms i've read about.

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Baby Pacman won't eat!

Hello and welcome to FF! Hum that behavior is not normal and frog should be grabbing passing prey or even hunting for it. How much food and what are you giving it daily into it's mouth?

Please read this article and see if there is anything that might help: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding . I would avoid feeding beetle worms because they are hard to digest and can damage frogs if pincers are not removed. Have you tried with earthworms like red worms or night crawlers? Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

keltiii

Thank you for all your help! I've been feeding him about two wax or butterworms every day second day or so, i do not like to do it very often because i don't want to stress him out but he often will just spit them back out so i have to do it more then i'd like. I have not been able to find any night crawlers at any of the pet stores i've looked at but i'll keep checking! Are wax worms or butter worms beetle worms? i'm giving him though's since he eats so little i want to give him something fatty but upon further research i believe he may be impacted although i can't be completely sure. I felt his belly and there was a small lump in it so i've been soaking him in warmish water with a heating pad under it for about half hour a day but so far no luck.
    thank you for all your advice so far!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You can find night crawlers and red worms at bait and tackle shops; just make sure they have no additives like dyes. If you think it's impacted; please read this: Frog Forum - Basic Frog First Aid. Would recommend the honey bath (chin deep 80F dechlorinated water with 4 drops of honey, soak frog until bath cools; then repeat with dechlorinated water only to "rinse" frog) or pediallyte (1:10 pedialite to 80F de-chlorinated water solution for 15 min. a day. Also, could you answer these questions to try and narrow down the cause: http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...enclosure.html. Thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

keltiii

Thanks i'll try that!

keltiii

Been soaking him every day so far no luck If he's impacted how often should i feed him?

Thread Information