Thread: A Bull Frog Problem.

Tubby0512

Question A Bull Frog Problem.

I have this bull frog that is wild and lives in my goldfish pond. I bring in the goldfish every year. Also Every winter I bring in the bull frog and raise him because he tries to hibernate in the pond but its way too shallow and it will kill him. (I had many Bull Frogs that died in their every year because it was too shallow) Than every spring I release him back into the wild and I've been doing this for years. He keeps coming back to my pond and I don't want him to die and also I hate brining him in because he a wild frog and loves out doors. I really don't want him to hibernate in my goldfish pond its too shallow and he will freeze to death. I just put him out doors today in my yard and he found his way back to my goldfish pond. What should I do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: A Bull Frog Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby0512 View Post
    I have this bull frog that is wild and lives in my goldfish pond...What should I do?
    Hi Jessica! Problem? Sounds like a smart bull frog found and adopted a princess to help deal with winter ! Keep the good work and if you ever move... don't leave your frog behind! Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Tubby0512

Hahaha. If I ever move I plan on keeping him. He is a huge Bull Frog!!! He always bring the ladies to my goldfish pond but they always leave. Its just him. He took over my pond. Any other frog that comes by are eaten. (Usual smaller bull frogs try to take it over on him but the become a meal)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default A Bull Frog Problem.

This is actually pretty cool . How big would you estimate him to be?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Any photos of him?
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

Tubby0512

maybe as big as a baseball. he is huge.

Tubby0512

I do have one photo of him somewhere on my computer. I'll have to look later.

Duriel

That frog moved into the goldfish pond either/or because it was easy food/comfy water to chill out in.

A) Permanently adopt that bullfrog (I'm partial... my favorite option as I see hundreds of them splattered on the roads around here in the warm/wet season... and walking my dog results in me yanking on the leash hard to avoid her eating frog toxin/dead thing bacteria)
    B) Remove the pond.
    C) Call in a tactical nuclear strike on the local area... not so local as to affect you, but enough to remove this nuisance.

Tubby0512

I don't want him killed. I only take him in the winter because he always try to hibernate in the shallow pond.

demon amphibians

I personally think you should keep doing what you have been doing. what you have is a unique relationship with this frog. And if you move, might as well take him with ya it obviously seems to be part of your fam. and it can keep some pests away, cant beat that.

Thread Information