Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoomed Pacman Food

perfectlypierced

Default Zoomed Pacman Food

I saw this and now want to try it to see how it compares to the Samurai stuff.
    Pacman Frog Food

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ivan M

Default Re: Zoomed Pacman Food

I myself will give it a try, i have a reptile show to go to this weekend if i find it i will buy a few just to try. I will also get some of the SAMURAI. Thanks for the link, its always nice when others here help out with good info.

Nationality
    [United States]

Idk the fact 2 of the top 3 ingredients are dried potato and wheat gluten doesn't sound great to me. All I can think of is instant mashed potatoes with protein and vitamins in it

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

perfectlypierced

Wheat gluten is the protein part of wheat. And fish meal is when all the moisture is removed from the meal, ie: like oatmeal. And the potato would be a carbohydrate source.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

that looks very interesting , similar principle as Yusuke pacman food. I will check this out.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

perfectlypierced

I am having a hard time finding it in my local petstores both chained and mom & pop.

TheHornedToad

I will buy it if it is cheaper then the samurai food.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'll have to purchase some and try it out.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlypierced View Post
    I saw this and now want to try it to see how it compares to the Samurai stuff.
    Pacman Frog Food
    Wonder how did you get to that page? When I visit Zoo Med Zoo Med Laboratories | #1 Reptile Products Worldwide -- Welcome to Zoo Med and try to find the product there, it does not show up in either in their search box or in the food section. The page does exists; but maybe Zoo Med has not released that product and included it in their website yet. Anyone has seen this food for sale anywhere? Thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

perfectlypierced

I tweeted at them tonight and they said it hasn't launched yet. But to expect it in stores this May.

I got the link from zoomed's newsletter.

12. This member thanks perfectlypierced for this post:

SamuraiJapanReptiles

Zoo med stole our idea. and they made very similar Pacman Food.(The ads movie,too) without our license.

Please do not buy Zoo Med Pacman Frog Food as Samurai Japan Pacman Food.

Samurai Japan Pacman Food is used for 13 years with no problem.

Even if you had some problems with Zoo Med Pacman Frog Food, We can't take responsibility.

Default Zoomed Pacman Food

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJapanReptiles View Post
    Zoo med stole our idea. and they made very similar Pacman Food.(The ads movie,too) without our license.

Even if you had some problems with Zoo Med Pacman Frog Food, We can't take responsibility.
    Afraid of some compitition? But I would love to try this product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamuraiJapanReptiles

No. It is other point.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hello and welcome to FF. Thank you for warning; but I think will be misinterpreted in US. Zoo Med is a large company with many quality products for reptile and amphibian hobbyists. The original idea might be yours, but either the mixing/feeding process was not patented or the patent expired. Otherwise imagine you would be suing Zoo Med.

The actual food formula is what you own and imagine Zoo Med made and tested a different one that they have on sale now. No one here on their right mind would blame you, or hold you responsible, for any positive or negative experiences using Zoo Meds or any other company products. It's clear to us Zoo Med and Samurai Japan are unrelated.

Maybe ExoTerra and Fluker's will also join trend and make similar products available. Food variety is a key in keeping healthy frogs in my humble opinion.

I do hope you remain active in forum and discuss your frogs and products. There are many members in here who are your customers and fans. Cheers and welcome !

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi, and thanks for your reply. While Zoo Med used the concept I doubt they used your formula. Which brings up a few questions.

• How is your product better than the Zoo Med food?
    • You list D3 as one of your ingredients. What objective evidence can you present that indicates your product contains the correct amount? Have you experienced MBD in your collection?
    • You state: “Samurai Japan Pacman Food is used for 13 years with no problem.” Again, what objective evidence can you supply to support your statement?
    • Do you have frogs that have been raised on your food for 13 years? The statement above suggests you have been using Pacman Food for 13 years on various frogs.

Being a statistician in a steel mill, I have become very wary of “this is good” or “this is better” comments.
    That’s why I would like to see some pictures, data, necropsy analysis of dead specimens, etc.

“We need to base our opinions on facts and don’t base our facts on opinions.”

BTW…I’ve been using your product for almost a year, and I hope your reply with data will make me sleep better at night, knowing that after 13 years, your product does what you say. Until then, I’ll sleep with one eye open.

Thanks
    Lloyd

SamuraiJapanReptiles

Thank you for your comment.
    I know some peoples think it to be a thing same as Samurai Pacman Food to see Zoo Med Pacman Frog Food and their Movie.
    I don't want people to think that it is same product.
    because........
    I wanna say everything, but the lawyer said me you should not say about it at this time....

I have some good friends in Zoo Med and I didn't want to post such a thing.
    Please only feel it why I post it.

SamuraiJapanReptiles

Thank you for your comment.

Its meaning is that we brought up much Pacman Frogs only with the diet for 13 years.(the numbers are more than 40,000 frogs)
    We are using only this diet for our frogs.
    There is several Pacman Frogs of 13 years old or older, but doesn't know it whether I may express it as data because there are few numbers....

About D3 is no problem. We are using a proper dose of calcium with D3 of the big company for the diet.

I can't write the further thing now as wrote on the post in front.
    Sorry about that.

Nationality
    [United States]

Now I realize that Samurai and Nuance came up with the original idea, but we don't know Zoo Med's side of the story only yours and that is a small amount of information because your legal council has warned you against posting too much and possibly getting hit with a slander suit.
    I don't want this thread to get out of hand so Iets not let it become so.

I use your product sparingly. I just don't feel it to be natural for a frog to eat a dough comprised of many good things and a few things that they would not willingly eat. Not saying its a bad product at all I just don't think it is 100% healthy for them to only eat the Pacman Food.

As for Zoo Med's version of the food. If it does not 100% match your recipe then it cannot be considered the same product otherwise anyone of us that makes their own compound of ground up food items made as a food for our frogs would be guilty of doing as Zoo Med has done even though ours would be for personal use and not public.

SamuraiJapanReptiles

They bought our Pacman Foods. the recipe is almost same. just they didn't add some stuff it only under 1g. It is under 1g of 113.4g.
    99% same stuff.
    There is the problem with other places.but it cannot say until a specific procedure is over.

Nationality
    [United States]

They bought our Pacman Foods. the recipe is almost same. just they didn't add some stuff it only under 1g. It is under 1g of 113.4g. 99% same stuff. There is the problem with other places.but it cannot say until a specific procedure is over.
    You have the right to protect your intelectual property. I'm unsure how this situation came to be; but guess that after your lawyers have their day in court, maybe we will know. Say maybe, because many times, it's part of the final agreement that all parts keep silent on whole issue.

I'm curious on why Zoo Med developed their product. Did they had a deal with you that fell apart or something on that venue? It's foolish of them to copy a product that has patents or similar protecting it. Recent patents have a lifetime of 20 years and your product from what I read here is around 13, so it would be covered under the law. Can't find information on your patents so can't even tell if and how patent protects them. Can you discuss that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information