Thread: White Tree Frog Vivarium Tank enclosure, im having serious issues and i just dont onderstand why......help :(

Chris Craven

Default White Tree Frog Vivarium Tank enclosure, im having serious issues and i just dont onderstand why......help :(

Ok i once owned 7 white Tree Frogs, and 1 Golden tree frog in an enclouse, 5 whites were babies, 1 white (todd) is an adulence and still kicking, and the Golden Tree Frog (Thaddious) is still kicking, but TODD is VERY Dark Green shich isnt like him, he is lethargic and sluggish......all of my other Whites passed very suddenly like over night, i am seriously alarmed and concerned (outside of the financial cost) These poor guys dont deserve this. I very much enjoy having my little friends but i just cant seem to keep them. Name:  100_0965.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  132.3 KBName:  100_0966.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  61.7 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tubby0512

Default Re: White Tree Frog Vivarium Tank enclosure, im having serious issues and i just dont onderstand why......help :(

your tank looks very good. Better than mine. lol. I have no idea what could of caused it. sorry.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White Tree Frog Vivarium Tank enclosure, im having serious issues and i just dont onderstand why......help :(

Hi Chris,
    We would like to help, sorry you are having so much trouble.

* you need to remove a sick frog from an enclosure
    http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...-supplies.html

Different species should not be mixed.

We need a lot more information! Please answer these questions so we can help you.

1-size of enclosure
    2-# on inhabitants - specifically ( if there is another frog ---size differences ?)
    3-humidity
    4-temps
    5-water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6-materials used for substrate
    7-enclosure set up i.e. plants( live or artificial) wood, bark etc -how were things prepared prior to being put into the viv
    8-main food source
    9-vitamins and calcium ? ( how often )
    10-lighting
    11-what is, specifically, being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12-when is the last time they ate
    13-have you found poop lately
    14-a pic would be great ( including the frog ) any little cell phone pic is fine
    15- how old are the frogs
    16-how long have you owned them
    17- are the frogs wild caught or captive bred
    18- frog food- how often and if its diverse what other feeders are used as treats
    19- about how often the frogs handled
    20-is the enclosure is kept in a high or low traffic area
    21- describe enclosure maintenance ( water changes, cleaning etc)
    22- has or were the frogs properly quarantined when you acquired them ( have they lived together the entire time you have owned them )

Lynn
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

verb408

Maybe they've been eating those little pebbles while hunting. Just a thought.

Chris Craven

Quote Originally Posted by flybyferns View Post
    Hi Chris,
    We would like to help, sorry you are having so much trouble.

* you need to remove a sick frog from an enclosure
    http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...-supplies.html

Different species should not be mixed.

We need a lot more information! Please answer these questions so we can help you.

1-size of enclosure -{ 80 Gallon Bow Front Tank }
    2-# on inhabitants - specifically ( if there is another frog ---size differences ?) { Atm 2, Todd (the White in question) and Thaddious (Golden Tree frog) they both are the same size, i did have 5 baby whites which all died overnght....they wer about quarter size while Taddious and Todd are about a silver dollar size....i kept an eye on potential size difference/aggression}
    3-humidity - { 100% as i have a waterfall that flows 100% of the time }
    4-temps - { between 75 - 80 deg F.....typically 78 deg F. }
    5-water - type - for both misting and soaking dish { not needed as i have 100% water filtered through bio balls as well as 2 carbon filter pads, there is a soaking pad in enclosure....a 12" dish }
    6-materials used for substrate { moss }
    7-enclosure set up i.e. plants( live or artificial) wood, bark etc -how were things prepared prior to being put into the viv { i have 3 different types of live plants, all give adequate coverings and are stury enought for frogs to be climbing on them }
    8-main food source {crickets fed Flukers's Orange cube complete cricket diet. Contains food, water, vitamins, and spiruluna }
    9-vitamins and calcium ? ( how often ) {fed to crickets with the ocassional dusting of calcium on crickets }
    10-lighting { 1 floruesent light bulb strip and 2 small blue led lights that mimic moonlight (only on at night) }
    11-what is, specifically, being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure { natural sunlight during the day and water temperatures are kept at 78 deg, no water heater or heat lamp is used, all done with humidity, water, circulation, and natural sunlight. }
    12-when is the last time they ate { today, but during my scare last time they ate was the day before }
    13-have you found poop lately {almost dailye, found some today }
    14-a pic would be great ( including the frog ) any little cell phone pic is fine {will be included at end, i quarentined the frogs cleaned out the tank, did a water change and got rid of the moss.....found small amounts of mold growth....atm looking at possibly placing down a plastic false bottom them moss ontop of that, but still looking into that }
    15- how old are the frogs {Todd is about a year old Yeah, he gets a birthday in August and im not sure about Thaddious as i got him from a reptile show at the size he is today, Thaddious is the golden tree frog. }
    16-how long have you owned them {Todd since September, Thaddious since January }
    17- are the frogs wild caught or captive bred { Todd is captive bred, and Thaddious' previous owner didnt know }
    18- frog food- how often and if its diverse what other feeders are used as treats { Main food source is crickets, occassionally i feed them mill worms, and i fed them night crawler worms once }
    19- about how often the frogs handled {only when tank needs cleaned so like once every 2 to 3 months }
    20-is the enclosure is kept in a high or low traffic area {Medium to medium low, depends on the month }
    21- describe enclosure maintenance ( water changes, cleaning etc) {water changewhen water appears dirty which isnt often, only have done 2 water changes since tank set-up in Sept. Once becuase tank needed it, other time becuase I moved them to a bigger tank, moss is changed about once every month to month and a half. }
    22- has or were the frogs properly quarantined when you acquired them ( have they lived together the entire time you have owned them ) {They were propperly quarentined and have lived together since ownership, Thaddious was introduced into the tank in January, and James, jarod, Amber, Molly, and Adam (the 5 baby whites i just purchased in March) were quarentined for 1 week in a seperate tank to allow them to destress, then introduced to the tank and lived there for about a month. as i purchased them early March (yeah taxes) }

Lynn

Name:  100_0970.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  100_0974.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  113.3 KBName:  100_0973.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  108.4 KBName:  100_0972.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  105.9 KBName:  100_0971.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  64.4 KB

josh

Does he seem better than before? if yes...

Chris Craven

Todd is yes, i just quarentined him and thaddious today, he is a much more natural (for him) green color and.moving around like.nothing was wrong....im.going to follow.the week out and still.monitor him

josh

Great

Thread Information