Thread: Changed Substrate, frog buried himself and hasn't come up for 2 days. Normal?

Douschnozzel

Default Changed Substrate, frog buried himself and hasn't come up for 2 days. Normal?

I have had this guy for a month now (First pacman) I've been reading this forum and did a lot of research before buying him. Is it normal for them to bury themselves and not come up for a few days? Should I dig him out to feed him? Also, he/she doesn't seem to be a big fan of crickets, but he LOVES earthworms. Is it OK to put some calcium on the Earthworms?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Changed Substrate, frog buried himself and hasn't come up for 2 days. Normal?

Totally normal, my Pacman buries himself completely (2-3" deep) for weeks at a time, so I wouldn't be worried! He'll come up when he's hungry.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Changed Substrate, frog buried himself and hasn't come up for 2 days. Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Douschnozzel View Post
    I have had this guy for a month now (First pacman) I've been reading this forum and did a lot of research before buying him. Is it normal for them to bury themselves and not come up for a few days? Should I dig him out to feed him? Also, he/she doesn't seem to be a big fan of crickets, but he LOVES earthworms. Is it OK to put some calcium on the Earthworms?
    Babies are the only ones you need to worry about if its beyond 2 days. Adults that are well fed can go quite a while without food.

Douschnozzel

Thanks, He or She is definitely not a baby, but also not fully grown. I'll just wait it out and hopefully he/she is all good.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Douschnozzel View Post
    Thanks, He or She is definitely not a baby, but also not fully grown. I'll just wait it out and hopefully he/she is all good.
    If you get worried you can uncover his/her head so the frog can see and offer food.

Douschnozzel

His head was showing this morning when I woke up, I dangled a worm in front of him and he ate that up right away.

Thread Information