Thread: reptivite

DartfrogDan

Default reptivite

I've noticed many people feed calcium every other day and multi-vitiman weekly,however on the ingredients of reptivite it says it has calcium and vitimans in,so i need some advice on dusting the feeders,i.e when to do it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: reptivite

I don't think reptivite has *enough* calcium + vitamin D. In fact, I'm fairly sure I have the kind without D3. My calcium/D3 supplement also contains vitamins, but again, I don't think it's quite enough on it's own. I go by the calcium every other day, maybe 3 times a week, and reptivite once a week. I may feed more often than that, but I never dust with both on the same day. Too much of anything can't be good, but too little is known to be bad. Of course, no idea what the right amount of anything is.
    Dusting schedule depends on the age too. More frequently if they're young.
    Personally, I'm too worried about possible deficiencies to skip either one of them. That's why the 1st thing I bought was a calcium powder that contained vitamins as well. A straight calcium/d3 supplement alternated with reptivite without d3 would probably be the better way to go.
    My little american toad has done great on calcium no phosphorus + d3 every feeding except 2-3x/wk when I dusted with reptivite. She's more than doubled her size (lengthwise). Now I'm feeding her a bit less so dusting less... But today she didn't want to eat at all, which is what brought me over here.
    So perhaps I should shut up and wait for someone with more experience to chime in. I don't know thing 1 about dart frogs.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

DartfrogDan

thanks for the adviceI don't know a thing about american toads,so we're even

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Crystal is right, you need to get Ca with D3 and use it every other feeding and once a week multivitamins ( your reptivite)
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information