Thread: My whites treefrog is brown?!

frogbaby6

Unhappy My whites treefrog is brown?!

i need help, asap. my little guy i just got him not too long ago like in the fall of last year and hes been so healthy, now all of a sudden everything has taken a turn. he is a dark brown color, hes got a little skin bubble (almost looks like a blister) near his eye, and hes lethargic and im sooo worried. hes not eating and his skin looks a little wrinkly. please help asap!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My whites treefrog is brown?!

Can you post a picture? One of the frog, the blister, and the enclosure? What is your humidity and temp? What do you use for bedding? (I've heard of moss growing some undesirable things...)
    I'm new to WTFs so I can only give you really basic advice. Just what you're describing sounds kind of like some sort of bacterial thing (idk, it's 6am and I've been working with bacteria all day, so maybe I'm just fixated on that)
    The more info you can give about the frog's food, enclosure, and whatever other information you can think of the quicker someone who knows more about WTFs can help you.

Best of luck figuring out what's going on

frogbaby6

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Can you post a picture? One of the frog, the blister, and the enclosure? What is your humidity and temp? What do you use for bedding? (I've heard of moss growing some undesirable things...)
    I'm new to WTFs so I can only give you really basic advice. Just what you're describing sounds kind of like some sort of bacterial thing (I dont know, it's 6am and I've been working with bacteria all day, so maybe I'm just fixated on that)
    The more info you can give about the frog's food, enclosure, and whatever other information you can think of the quicker someone who knows more about WTFs can help you.

Best of luck figuring out what's going on
    i will post a picture of what he looks like now, but the blister is gone, it went away quickly. he is in a 10 gallon tank with almost like a soil substrate but its not moss. i bought it at the pet store. the humidity is always high and his temp is always around 80-85. he eats crickets and ive recently been feeding him small/medium sized meal worms. after the hot couple days we had here in pa he just hasnt been the same. hes got a couple fake plants in his tank and a water dish. i have no clue what could be going on with him... its beginning to look like his eyes are disappearing (they arent actually). :/

ICFrogs

I heard Meal Worms are not good for them. Something about the harder skin being hard to digest. I feed my Whites Wax worms. they are softer and they love them.

Thread Information