Thread: Does my H. Cinerea look ok? (Part two)

Gentlemangorath

Default Does my H. Cinerea look ok? (Part two)

I know I started a similar topic, but I saw Verde side by side with Boom, and he looks noticeably skinnier than Boom. I just wanted to get a second look from someone so I know if I should take a stool sample to the vet or something. Just a side note, the feces I've seen in the tank (which I'm like 90% is Verde's) all is solid, so no runny fecal matter as an issue. Anyway, pics;

They've both just been fed 3 crickets each before these photos were taken, Verde is on the left (known for a fact to be male), while Boom is on the right (thought to maybe be a developing female). Could it just be that Boom is plumper than Verde and he's normal for a male Green Tree Frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Does my H. Cinerea look ok? (Part two)

I would guess that it is parasites. I'd take the frog for a fecal exam to be sure, though. If it is parasites, pick up some Panacur-C (Available at most Vets) and we'll guide you through in how to treat him.This will also be helpful for me, because I am picking up some Panacur-C tomorrow to treat my Green frog (Rana Clamitans) and I need to know how to give it to my frog.

I can go get a more experienced member of this Forum to help you out.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

Gentlemangorath

Default Re: Does my H. Cinerea look ok? (Part two)

Well actually, it's kind of looking like he's gotten some girth in his stomach now. Boom (the bigger of the two) gotten his/her crickets first, while Verde got his second, could it be that his stomach is just starting to set in? I'm gonna take another picture to show this, but if you guys think he still looks ill, I'll try to get a stool sample and bring it to a vet asap. How fresh does the sample have to be? I'm working this weekend, but if I need to, I'll get my roommate to do this or something.

Here's the photo. I feel like he looks more full, but he does still look a little eh

Edit: Just took another look, and he totally looks fatter than he did when I first started this topic. One of them had a BM, and the stool sample looks solid and picture-esq. I think that was from Boom, but at least I know that he/she doesn't have anything wrong with him/her.

Thread Information