Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little toad doesn't give a poop... literally and I'm worried.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Little toad doesn't give a poop... literally and I'm worried.

Pic 3 has the "make my day" expression, but then they usually look like that. Man I love toads!!
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

I think she had fun, I hope so. If the way she tried to climb up and out of tank is any indication, then that was her happy face. She's now burrowed in her fresh clean dirt. Oh no wait, she got up and there's a clump of dirt on her head like a hat. Or a hairpiece. Well MY day is brightened.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Nationality
    [United States]

We went out again this afternoon. A little windy, but warm. Ate a worm before and after. She can really motor.

I have some green worm eggs in my cup of european nightcrawlers... anyone know if these might hatch? They're not refrigerated.
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Your such a good toad mom.

Nationality
    [United States]

She makes it easy, being so adorable. Last night and today she's just been resting. Her leftover crickets that I've been feeding matured and started chirping today. I have at least 2 females, so gave them some moist coconut dirt if they want to lay eggs. I figure they'll only live a few weeks as adults, and if I end up with little baby crickets, Banjo will be happy. She likes them. I do not. And I wish chirpy over there would hush up.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Little girl was all mad and cold this morning, burrowing and uprooting her plant, after a shed last night: Name:  DSC00205.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  79.8 KB
    Because this beauty was in her old burrow: Name:  DSC00218.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  83.5 KB
    Name:  DSC00216.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  149.0 KB
    I scooped out that whole section. And washed those tongs. There was a fake plant there that she pooped on the base of, causing the indent, so had to wash that too. She's back under it, and everybody's happy.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Now she doesn't want to eat. Woke up this morning and the baby roaches were still in the bowl, her water was untouched, and she was sitting by her plant. I sat her beside the food bowl and they were running around in there but she paid no mind. Instead, she hopped in her water and sat like this for a while. Name:  DSC00199.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  110.9 KBName:  DSC00201.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  136.6 KBName:  DSC00203.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  114.2 KB Changed the water, warmed it up 1st, and she sat some more. Offered her a worm, she didn't care about that either. Some of those worms are looking kinda funny. Not the one I tried to feed her, but out of the same cup, so I'm concerned. Here's some pics but I'll start a new thread probably...Name:  DSC00199 (2).jpg
Views: 259
Size:  129.7 KBName:  DSC00201 (2).jpg
Views: 384
Size:  155.0 KBName:  DSC00203 (2).jpg
Views: 716
Size:  137.4 KB This is not the cup with the egg, but it IS the one she's been eating out of.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

If you think the worms are "iffy", I would throw them out. And I wouldn't be too concerned about her not eating for a few days, just keep an eye on her and try not to stress her out. Don't offer her anything today, wait until tomorrow and see how she reacts.

Nationality
    [United States]

Good call. They may have gotten too hot. Or they could be diseased. She still has the roaches in there; they're hiding under and eating a carrot chip, until she feels like eating them. Last time I left them there eventually she ate them, right around the time she took that last poo. She's never passed on a worm before tho. I usually dust them with calcium and she goes right for them. This morning I offered it plain cuz I wasn't sure she'd take it. That had nothing to do with it, and I'll let her be, but I'll be alarmed over this until she eats again. Those messed up worms are in my freezer now, and I've moved the others. They're cheap enough, I can afford to toss the lot out into the yard.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

I don’t leave feeders in the tank because if you had dusted them chances are the supplements have fallen or cleaned off the bugs. Also if she is a little on the hungry side they tend to eat better.

And that’s one good thing about worms, it’s not like you’re throwing $$ out the window.

Nationality
    [United States]

She's doing that climbing thing again. Or she was. Means she walked right over and through the roaches. I could put them back but they still have some residue on them. I've read that crickets shaken up with calcium will die after a while. From the calcium on them, I mean. Dunno if the same goes for roaches, unsure about contaminating the rest.
    I'd say she seems lethargic, aside from the climbing. She walks, hand over hand. Peed on her dirt. She sat on my hand then hopped off. Then again, it's 2 in the afternoon; she should be sleeping. She's sitting in her water staring off into space.

Maybe she's being driven mad by the cricket chirps. Or maybe I'm feeling lethargic and crazy from cricket noises and I'm putting that onto her.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

I might be on to something there with the cricket sounds. I moved them and I moved her, and when I went to check on her, she was down from the fake plant and in shed.
    Thought she'd just done that, cuz she'd been walking around the other day up on all fours, then returned to normal, ate, and even took a poop.
    If she shed a few days ago AND today, isn't that a sign that something's wrong?

Here she is looking almost new: Name:  DSC00204.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  106.7 KB I kinda got some of it on tape. I shouldn't have touched the plant and I kept walking by or adjusting lighting like a dummy, but it didn't stop her. She did get all of it off.

And yes, a piece of her background is missing and the backdrop is on funny. I bought the wrong size.

*put missing piece of backdrop back on.
    Last edited by yoshimi; April 16th, 2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: shed stuff
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Name:  DSC00203 (5).jpg
Views: 324
Size:  77.6 KBName:  DSC00204 (3).jpg
Views: 585
Size:  83.0 KB I don't like this, not at all. I thought we'd gotten over sleeping in plants. This makes me super sad, like she wants out. And maybe she does, maybe that would be best. Unless she's sick. Besides being nose to nose with her reflection up on a fake plant in the corner, does she look wrong? She looks like she has rosy cheeks in the 2nd pic, but I always thought those were her ears.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    I don't like this, not at all. I thought we'd gotten over sleeping in plants. This makes me super sad, like she wants out. And maybe she does, maybe that would be best. Unless she's sick. Besides being nose to nose with her reflection up on a fake plant in the corner, does she look wrong? She looks like she has rosy cheeks in the 2nd pic, but I always thought those were her ears.
    Hi Crystal! Strange; but maybe frog does realize difference between cage and outside. Some animals don't like captivity at all... no matter it's safer, with food, care, etc. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hi Crystal! Strange; but maybe frog does realize difference between cage and outside. Some animals don't like captivity at all... no matter it's safer, with food, care, etc. Good luck !
    She definitely knows the difference, I know. After romps outside, she climbs, but then climbs down. She loves it out there, but she looks so small to me still. She's more than twice the size she was when I brought her home in Sept, but I still see a vulnerable little one when I look at her.

I may have inadvertently stressed her out, exactly what gail rightfully advised me NOT to do. Looking at her, and such. I'm used to being very hands on and involved, with all that I do, so frogs are a whole new thing to learn. Part of why I love it, when she's doing well.

(I also don't know what the point of friend requests are.. But I'm too much of a newbie with zero rep power so friend requesting for me just means I like what the member has to say.)
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

She looks good, and if she's growing, she's gonna shed. Some times my frogs & toads will shed once a week. As long as she is eating, soaking, shedding, has clear eyes and formed poop all is good. Maybe she needs a bigger tank to jump around in. Native toads are pretty tough little creatures. My Morph has been underground for some time, but this morning there she was, waiting for food.

Nationality
    [United States]

...(I also don't know what the point of friend requests are.. But I'm too much of a newbie with zero rep power so friend requesting for me just means I like what the member has to say.)
    Same here, I'm also using the "Like" and "Thanks" bottoms for that according to situation .

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    She looks good, and if she's growing, she's gonna shed. Some times my frogs & toads will shed once a week. As long as she is eating, soaking, shedding, has clear eyes and formed poop all is good. Maybe she needs a bigger tank to jump around in. Native toads are pretty tough little creatures. My Morph has been underground for some time, but this morning there she was, waiting for food.
    I've noticed she turns down food right before a shed, so I was kind of happy to see it happen, and woke up today to see a poop. I feel fairly certain it wasn't just shed skin but rather something that came out of her. She still hasn't eaten tho. Her home is 22.5 I think. I have a dr appt today, so she'll get a much needed break from my hovering.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

...(I also don't know what the point of friend requests are.. But I'm too much of a newbie with zero rep power so friend requesting for me just means I like what the member has to say.)
    After thinking about what you wrote for a while; think maybe it's better to accept friend requests, even when we don't see the point... !

Nationality
    [United States]

She still hasn't eaten, but I took her out while I dumped the worms. They definitely had some moldy looking spots on them. Picked up some dried leaves and a nice stick while I was out there. A fair amount of adorable hopping was done, til she found a spot to burrow and do her rock impression. Then I took her in. A little sunshine, fresh air and exercise will hopefully stimulate her appetite.
    wild hearts..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information