Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mutant questions?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Mutant questions?

Carlos
    Mango was a morph of frog? I've heard of licking them for hallucinagenic purposes, but flat out eating them? Did the schnauzberries taste like schnauzberries?

Seriously though. Other than the negative B.S. that got posted, I really like the content of this thread. Pretty cool info. You uber-brainiacs need to post more informational stuff like the stuff on genetics more often. Very interesting stuff. Thanks Carlos!!
    Thanks
    DW

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

FrogGangOrCroak

Such interesting stuff. Just wish everything wasn't a secret! It drives me crazy sometimes haha. Maybe one day we will get an answer.

Ohhhhh because everyone wants the frog hobby to go no where, everyone doesn't want the frog hobby to turn out like the snake hobby where thousands of people know how to breed the snakes and make tons of money creating and selling several exciting new morphs of snakes every year. !! (My attempt at sarcasm)

Everyone and their mom knows how to breed dart frogs and we make good money selling the offspring amongst several breeders still to this day....soooooo good question Greg. Unfortunately I'm not going to be the one to step on the big guys' toes haha, so the mystery remains

I must say however, it is a sad trend as we have lost several amazing species to the hobby that could have been established had it not been for people trying to take on the industry alone in secrecy. Anyone remember Pachymedusa Dachnicolor? There are tons more species, but this one always burns my britches as they are a very cool species IMO.
    (SITE UNDER RECONSTRUCTION, LAUNCHING SOON!)

Herpguy

I'm just going to jump in here very late and say that blue is a color that hardly ever occurs in nature. This is why "naturose" and products of the same type that enhance color simply don't help blue. How many animals besides dart frogs can you think of that are naturally blue? Probably only a few lizard species, with males in breeding coloration, that's it. Blue is a color that is not on the natural pigmentation scale in almost every case.
    Do I think "samurai blues" are genetically altered? Probably not. However, horned frogs produce so many offspring that it is too easy to go and pick through for unusual colors. That is why samurai frogs have a lower yield. In order to get a blue frog, you have to significantly lower the gene pool by breeding only blue frogs together, therefore creating a genetically weaker frog. This is the same reason why "mutt" dogs are usually healthier than purebreeds; they have a much richer set of genetic variety to work with.

FrogGangOrCroak

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bailey View Post
    soooooo good question Greg.
    Thank you =) I love hearing everyones opinion on the matter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpguy View Post
    horned frogs produce so many offspring that it is too easy to go and pick through for unusual colors. That is why samurai frogs have a lower yield. In order to get a blue frog, you have to significantly lower the gene pool by breeding only blue frogs together, therefore creating a genetically weaker frog.
    Great opinion! The only problem I see is if this is true why is it that only Samurai has come up with this color morph and not others? I'm sure they're thousands of other breeders who have been working with this specie for a long time. Yet no one else has seem to come up with this on their own. (I could be wrong just what I've seen/read)

pyxieBob

Default Mutant questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    LMAO!! I didn't know griff had a whole army! I find it pretty amusing that every one flipped out. Real sensitive people on here. I thought we could debate on this thread? Whats up with people taking it up the butt when I try and question the moderator? I feel like I'm on trial for
    Murder now GEEZ! lol it's cool tho all those disrespectful comments don't bother me I hope I don't get banned for questioning the moderator aha
    wow surprise surprise, another completely tackless response. our point is the way you did it. hence my 1st response. authority should always be questioned. there are tactful ways of doing it.

Rambo

Wow this thread has been dead and your still here? You must be really bored lol!

Nationality
    [United States]

Enough of the B.S. If any of you want to troll and measure digital phallus size and google enhanced brain power, use the PM function...or locate each other, meet up and prove who's the bigger neanderthal if that's what this is about. While I find the online battle forum as entertaining as the next guy this one is obviously lame as h e l l.
    Thanks
    DW

Rambo

Completely agree

pyxieBob

Default Mutant questions?

actually my responses were quite warranted . hardly primitive. if you dont agree then don't give it your time to make comments. it's quite obvious that Rambo is being an instigator and deserves no response after this. I have never seen such childish and immature grammar or thoughts.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm also locking this thread and I believe everyone can see why.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information