Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mutant questions?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Mutant questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bailey View Post
    Whhoooaaa! This conversation just got heated! haha. I do beleive that genetic testing could always be a possibility, however genetic mutations occur in nature all the time. It may have turned out to be a once in a life time occurance for this particular mutation and that would explain why all of their frogs don't carry the gene. If one was to spend the money to genetically enhance frogs for one mutation, why not utilize those same standards for all of their frogs?
    Cost or maybe it is devastating to their body and causes unwanted mutations. Or maybe it worked only once. It is also odd that only the Nuance bred frogs have the mutations from Sam Blues and Lime Green Albinos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

FrogGangOrCroak

Genetic altering is anything but simple or easy. For all we know the blue phases could have been caused by accident. To say they could enhance all their frogs would be a big statement and an even bigger job/price tag. I agree with Griff I mean even without supporting evidence one must think logically about how another could come up with an unnatural blue frog. My guess would be Genetic altercations.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I breed both frog ranch line and nuance lines.

There are positive and negatives to both lines

Samurai lines are brighter in color but production numbers are low.

Frog ranch- produce larger spawns. The color quality varies more.

Mutants randomly occur. I have produced a number of mutants. They all occur from samurai to samurai. I had one spawn that was samurai to albino. Never have I seen a mutant come from another line than nuances blues.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

5. 2 members thank mikesfrogs for this post:

pyxieBob

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You have no evidence supporting your opinion griff. How are we suppose to just buy what your saying? I believe nuance and yusuki are brilliant and maybe one step ahead of all of you of course he's way ahead of me. For being a moderated I'd expect a better opinion with atleast evidence supporting what your saying.

Wow Rambo, you certainly showed us. I have spoken to Yusuki himself several times. Mike knows him personally. Have you ever heard of "hereditary Fixation" ??? ya... I thought you havnt. If you like I could actually help you sound out those big words and give you a synopsis of what they mean. Yusuki is incredibly intelligent and accomplished. Albino Burmese pythons (Amelanistic) are incredibly unnatural looking and beautiful; Bob Clark was the 1st person to produce these and sell them. However the 1st Amelanistic Burmese were created by other Burmese and discovered in the wild, and all look reasonably the same. Sam Blues produce mutants periodically because of the "Hereditary Fixation" process. Sam Blues are beautiful frogs ; Yusuki is very learned man. (Rambo that word is pronounced "LEARN-ED") But maybe people who are so quick to demand evidence should provide solid facts to support their juvenile approach to arguing that something is in fact natural before they bad mouth a very reputable Horned Frog Moderator with such a moronic approach.

7. This member thanks pyxieBob for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    ... Please don't bash other members on the forum. I don't know what's going on lately but I have noticed a lot of hostility on this forum....
    +1! Sherry is right about hostility. This topic is excellent and I have learned lots here (like what is a mutant). Now I'm learning about Pacman lines too and would like this discussion to continue; but prefer without any personal attacks. I know some of us crazier ones can unsettle others; but we should strive to stay on subject and avoid making it personal... just saying !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

9. 2 members thank Mentat for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I was personally called out yes, but as Carlos has stated I believe this thread needs to return to its true purpose and be done so without hostility and personal attacks.

Lets remain civil everyone .

Nationality
    [United States]

The mutants are caused from leftover radiation from wwII . ( and i am in no way shape or form being serious )

AMKReptiles

ok so for what i have herd The blue coloring on the samurais is due to a vitamin deficiency. thats why when you feed them a full nutritional meal as they grow they turn light green..if you feed them Pacman food from babys they will hold some blue/green color....again this is what ive herd dont know if true or not...

13. This member thanks AMKReptiles for this post:

Locascio

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bailey View Post
    Whhoooaaa! This conversation just got heated! haha. I do beleive that genetic testing could always be a possibility, however genetic mutations occur in nature all the time. It may have turned out to be a once in a life time occurance for this particular mutation and that would explain why all of their frogs don't carry the gene. If one was to spend the money to genetically enhance frogs for one mutation, why not utilize those same standards for all of their frogs?
    Thats what im saying money makes the world go round and seeing as how the exotic animal trade is a multi billion $ business WHY NOT Genetically alter animals for profit? could you amagen Genetically altering Dogs? some breeds would be worth 10-20k each because you knew what you wear buying would be pre determined. genetically, why not start with frogs? ask your self that

All I can say is that I myself and a couple people with deep pockets and big names in the herp industry attempted to create frogs that rivaled Nuance's, spending several hundred thousands of dollars in research on Cranwelli eggs and to no avail. Just look at the herp industry, the more the animals are line bred over several generations the more crazy things happen. That would also explain the smaller spawnings! There has to be several scientific papers scattered across the internet that support the idea of eventual sterility from mass produced linear generations. Oh yeah, Scaleless bearded dragons anyone??? lol!
    (SITE UNDER RECONSTRUCTION, LAUNCHING SOON!)

"could you amagen Genetically altering Dogs?"

HAHA Locascio, I just re-read this post and I didn't catch this the first time! Ahh the images that just popped in my head gave me a pretty good chuckle haha, thanks for that
    (SITE UNDER RECONSTRUCTION, LAUNCHING SOON!)

17. This member thanks Justin Bailey for this post:

pyxieBob

Default Mutant questions?

there was only one person who made it personal for NO REASON. and that person should not be welcome.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hmm... lame thread. Never seen you all flip the EFF out before...lol. NOBODY TALKS TO THE GRIFFS LIKE THAT!!!!! haha.

Technically Rambo wasn't the one doing the name calling. Not agreeing with him, but ya'll ran him off before Griff could defend with a precision taint punch.

-----------------
    Thanks
    DW
    Thanks
    DW

20. This member thanks DeeDub for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Float like a butterfly................ someone else finish the line

Rambo

LMAO!! I didn't know griff had a whole army! I find it pretty amusing that every one flipped out. Real sensitive people on here. I thought we could debate on this thread? Whats up with people taking it up the butt when I try and question the moderator? I feel like I'm on trial for
    Murder now GEEZ! lol it's cool tho all those disrespectful comments don't bother me I hope I don't get banned for questioning the moderator aha

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfrogs View Post
    Float like a butterfly................ someone else finish the line

Sink like a turd????

-----------------
    Thanks
    DW
    Thanks
    DW

Nationality
    [Canada]

STING LIKE A BEE

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ur just a big meanie Rambo!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Locascio View Post
    Thats what im saying money makes the world go round and seeing as how the exotic animal trade is a multi billion $ business WHY NOT Genetically alter animals for profit? could you amagen Genetically altering Dogs? some breeds would be worth 10-20k each because you knew what you wear buying would be pre determined. genetically, why not start with frogs? ask your self that
    Genetical alteration has been ongoing at least since the 1970's and probably even before that. I tasted a mango in a Nuclear Research Station in the mid 1970's called a Mango-Pinneaple and it tasted like the later. Someone had been messing around with mangos and had created many different trees.

It's well known that there are "improved" versions of corn and other vegetables in the U.S. Some of it can only be used for animal feed... but who really knows. Genetic Industry is already producing altered animals for sale and making money out of it: GloFish® Fluorescent Fish Home Page. I have already seen Glo Angelfish, other fish species, and even a GloCat. If you got the money a company in U.S. will clone your dead dog or cat. It's not going to be the same animal; but it will look like the same.

So $$ is driving all this like you state in your post. The issues involved are many and they are complicate. Ethics, legal, religious, scientific, moral... genetics open a pandora box the humans might loose control off. We barely can handle the fast paced digital age; messing around with "creativity" could backfire big time on the "unselect mass."

There are countries were marketing genetically altered organisms is against the law. In the U.S. and others it's allowed under certain controls. I don't like it myself; but can't do nothing; but observe and share my opinion. Sometimes watching a train wreck happen (specially after you warn them) can be amusing in a sort of sick way. We humans can be so crazy ! I'll stop here because this subject is never-ending and will run you around in circles forever... convenient to the genetic businessmen, he, he, he.

So we can expect Glo frogs and other genetically manipulated frogs too. Is there a "blue" gene that has been manipulated for decades into fish and later frog species? Only their developers know what and if so, they are not saying. A decade ago or so, an electric blue version of the Jack Dempsey revolutionized the cichild scene:
    Name:  Electric-Blue-Jack-Dempsey.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  31.6 KBPhoto from AquaSerene
    They sold for more than 10X the cost of a regular JD and still command a high price. According to the hobbyist that discovered them, they were a natural color variation that he discovered among his batches. So why no one in decades of breeding had discovered the same? Did other breeders saw in their batches some fry that looked different and decided to cull them? Don't think so! The normal behavior would have been to separate the different ones and treat them like royalty. Interestingly, the production of EBJDs does not follow dominant/recessive gene play. And although there are babies available for sale; very few of those make it to adulthood since the majority die when they reach puberty. I myself have never believed this fish variation just happened "naturally."

OK, back to mutational Pacman frogs! If there are people willing to dish out $1-5K for one of these and you knew how to produce them... would you tell others? Would you not "stir the pot" with disinformation to maintain competitors off track and at the same time get public interest in your product? In a way we are doing that here right now .

So what I've gathered here is that mutants come from random Pacmans from Samurai Blue strain. Questions to further the discussion are: was the Mutant Blue parent a male or female; was the Blue parent imported straight from Japan or was it from a cross and with what; have you crossed the Blue parent with another Blue? Think I'll stop now and go make breakfast... food... yummy !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    LMAO!! I didn't know griff had a whole army! I find it pretty amusing that every one flipped out. Real sensitive people on here. I thought we could debate on this thread? Whats up with people taking it up the butt when I try and question the moderator? I feel like I'm on trial for
    Murder now GEEZ! lol it's cool tho all those disrespectful comments don't bother me I hope I don't get banned for questioning the moderator aha
    I don't lead an army. Its about respect which you have a complete disregard for. Your attack was uncalled for and you need to know when a discussion is no longer just a discussion. The moment you attack someone it is no longer a discussion. You attempt to demean and undermind my opinion because you didn't like it and because it didn't give you what you want. I don't need an army to defend myself. My reputation here stands. This is why many came to defend me without my asking. Maybe one day you will have this kind of respect, but if you continue to promote your actions here like you are then you will not.

You are allowed go question me, but do so respectfully.

I'm done with this thread. I hope you find what you seek.
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; April 9th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information