Thread: no more singing!

charlie62

Default no more singing!

, im new to keeping captive toads and have 8 firebellied toads. they all seem content and hang together and used to sing most nights and quite loud, but of late they seem to have gone silent. do they only sing when they want to mate? Ive also noticed that for most of the time when they catch a cricket they jump into the water with it. is this a normal trail to prevent the escape and seal the crickets fate.thanks in anticipation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MantisMan

Default Re: no more singing!

they like to sing for no good reason
    they often pull prey into water to swallow it, they r fine

4. This member thanks MantisMan for this post:

charlie62

hi mantisman. it appears the setup i have doesnt seem to please all my toads on the theory that they change colour ie go darker if, they are not happy or blend in. some have remained a vibrant green while a couple have turned dark green/olive. Do they reverse to original shade or stay as they are?

kroberts009

they can change between the various shades... normally when darker, people suggest adding a few more hiding places. such as more plants or a cave or something of that nature. which may assist some.

i only have 2... one remains lime green, no matter what i do... she is very easy to please... my other, will get dark green after tank changes usually... so i recently added 3 to 4 new plants, and he is lightening in color... slightly... but some..

7. This member thanks kroberts009 for this post:

charlie62

hi kristie, i have a sizeable cave which seems to have been commandeered by my biggest toad "dexter". I have bright green imitation plants across the back and sides of the tank. i do a full tank clean once a month and rearrange the greenery and the rocks in the water, i do a full/part water change every 3/4 days so maybe im doing too much intervention for some of them.

Thread Information