Thread: New from Norway

Franky

Default New from Norway

Hi!
    Im a young woman from Norway, who is very interested in frogs and other reptiles.
    Unfortunately its not law to hold this kind of animals in Norway
    but they are talking about letting some be law here
    so I want to get to know some of them.
    In particular Xenopus Laevis.
    Its very hard to find articles on this animals.. So I hope you all can help me

In advance
    Thank you

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New from Norway

Hi and welcome to Frog Forum

I keep several Xenopus laevis myself and there are many on the forum that keep them as well. Since these frogs are carriers of the deadly fungus, chytrid, many countries have banned them, so you need to check with the laws of your country. A nice looking frog from Norway as well as most of Europe and Asia is the moor frog (Rana arvalis), you might find one in the wild if you live in southern Norway.

Take a look at these websites:
    iNaturalist.org · moor frog, observed by bjsmit at 01:08 PM CEST on September 20, 2009
    iNaturalist.org · Rana arvalis (moor frog), observed by kogia at 07:42 AM BST on May 31, 2009
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Nationality
    [Canada]

welcome Franky to the forums!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New from Norway

Welcome .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

velkommen! Her finner du et vell av informasjon på dette forumet.

Franky

Hey! Thank you for your answer
    oh that didnt sound good.. Has it an effect on humans..? I tride to read a littel about this fungus. But as I understand it, its different funguses under the turn of chytrid? Or?
    Sorry for my english, but I hope you understand what I mean
    I really like this frog, but I dont know now, since they carry this fungus..

Thanks for all help

Franky

Thanks to you all for welcoming me!!

Ey, er du norsk, eller bare skriver du på norsk..??

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Thanks to you all for welcoming me!!

Ey, er du norsk, eller bare skriver du på norsk..??
    Im only 2nd generation American. My grandparents (moms side) came from Norge. I have family in Bomlo & my grandfather came from Farsund. Im not fluent so I use an online translater to help learn and keep in touch with the rest of my family, since my grandparents died when I was a boy.

Franky

Quote Originally Posted by exasperatus2002 View Post
    Im only 2nd generation American. My grandparents (moms side) came from Norge. I have family in Bomlo & my grandfather came from Farsund. Im not fluent so I use an online translater to help learn and keep in touch with the rest of my family, since my grandparents died when I was a boy.
    Oh thats cool Its sad that your grandparents died when you was young:/ But its good that you still have contact with the rest for the family
    It must be many Amercans thats have family in Norway.
    My grandmas brother moved to America when he was a young man. Unfortunately he has past away now, and its many years ago I since met him. But he has a wife and kids there, so my familyes roots are still in America, and thats cool

Hva slags dyr har du?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Oh thats cool Its sad that your grandparents died when you was young:/ But its good that you still have contact with the rest for the family
    It must be many Amercans thats have family in Norway.
    My grandmas brother moved to America when he was a young man. Unfortunately he has past away now, and its many years ago I since met him. But he has a wife and kids there, so my familyes roots are still in America, and thats cool

Hva slags dyr har du?
    Just leopard geckos at the moment but Im planning to build a new terrarium & cant make up my mind yet on what to keep. I have kept Dendrobates tinctorious cobalt, D. auratus, Melanophryniscus stelzneri, RETF & Phyllomedusa savaugii.

Now Im torn between Dendrobates tinctorius regina & Ranitomeya imitator varadero. OR God willing, captive bred Phyllomedusa bicolor.

Thread Information