Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Www.floridaherps.com please avoid!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Www.floridaherps.com please avoid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NatureLady View Post
    Wow...their FB post makes me want to friend the page just so I can bash this!!!
    I wrote a comment. They just deleted it from their page.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Www.floridaherps.com please avoid!!!

found this, sharing
    Florida Herps INC.. (PLEASE READ)

apparently it is just company's mentality and way of doing business, frogs or reptiles doesn't matter.
    PLEASE whoever is reading this, NEVER DEAL with that company, ever.
    I'm going to share these stories with canadian wholesalers, so they be aware as well if they don't know already.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

It's a funny area getting phibs by post they said there terms and if all the frogs they sent out turned out this way they be shut down but in the same token why a company would post such delicate frogs is beyond me

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [Canada]

fox, it is ok to ship frogs, people do that all the time, but frogs have to be healthy and proper packed. In that case they are hiding behind their policy to ship sick frogs and possibly even dead. Buying over internet has it's risks, that is why it is important to buy only from those who you can trust and that company is not the one to be trusted with frogs and apparently reptiles as well.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

So is this a small company? And r.e.t.f ok shipping over these distances? What's the company got to gain shipping a few sick frogs to get such a bad reputation?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]

The thing I found funny was back in December they posted a warning on FB about weather. They said they don't guarantee FROGS when the weather in your area drops down into the 40's so take that into consideration when ordering. Why post a warning like that...just don't ship them.
    4.1.0White's Green Tree Frog (OliveR, Shrek, Skitter,Frankie,Storm)
    0.3.0 Cats (Isis, Cleo, Sasha)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Dexter,my girl)(Luci, my boy)

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Www.floridaherps.com please avoid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    The thing I found funny was back in December they posted a warning on FB about weather. They said they don't guarantee FROGS when the weather in your area drops down into the 40's so take that into consideration when ordering. Why post a warning like that...just don't ship them.
    I was thinking the same...why ship them in the winter if you have had more than rare deaths due to shipping? My other thought is are the packaged properly?

As a business, most would consider the deaths as a monetary loss. The "non" guarantee is their way of covering that. It keeps the profits coming In without monetary or product loss due to having to provide replacements or refunds.

Most smaller breeders and breeding companies are usually more careful on this aspect. The worst thing you can do is ruin your reputation as a breeder and seller. Your profits have a lot to do with word of mouth and sharing of good experiences through an agency. This is a shame for them. A good reputation is what builds the business and in turn brings in the money.

I wonder how their deliveries are in the warmer weather?

Oddly, other sites have shipped healthy frogs. It's really more about principle. I felt the way they reacted just showed they don't care...about the customer or the frogs.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

verb408

I did consider the weather, the temp for March 13, 2013 was 74 high / 49 low.

As for R.E.T.F being shipped long distance. I ordered 2 R.E.T.F from a well known reputable company and both of the frogs survived the trip and was in excellent condition, the trip was from Owosso, MI to Santa Clara, CA. (63 high / 45 low)
    So the frogs survived the trip being that it was colder. So in my opinion weather is ruled out and only possibility is sending sick unhealthy frogs.

I think they deleted the post I made about my situation on their facebook, they said they'll leave it up to show how good of a company they are. lol

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

THIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE... After doing further research they do ship dead frogs... and their worst conditioned ones as well.... STEAR CLEAR!!!

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

I already wrote to this company with my government signed and traced email.. they will be getting alot of attention from some people they wish didnt hear this....
    Verb... best of luck to you with your new frogs from joshsfrogs.com =) Please take this experience you have gained and stick with Frogforum.net and post everything you have learned to all the newbies...catch them before floridaherps catches them. =) I will do the same just for you and the sake of all the frogs in the word =)

12. This member thanks CJ PELCHER for this post:

verb408

I will tell everyone of my experience with this company. Thank you so much CJ and others for the continued support. I've already filed a claim with P.E.T.A, hopefully they do an investigation of the animals under their care. I'll definitely stick with Frogforum and with Josh's Frogs. They are the only company I can trust with online dealings being that they have a store front and attend numerous reptile events.

arielgasca420

It is sad that a company would rather advertise an unhappy customer than fix their honest mistake. I am sorry you had to go through this.

verb408

RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE :
    We do not have a warranty of any kind on Frogs.

This customer knew that as he explained in this complaint and ordered anyways. I am sorry they didn't make it, but again we sell them as is and have no warranty. This is our choice and we sure didn't force this customer to place his order.
    Now we would have worked with this customer had he not #1, Had his friends post nasty lies on our Facebook Page, #2, Post lies himself on our Facebook page (again just saying that we are failing to stand behind our warranty - which clear states we have no warranty for frogs) and #3 didn't post more lies online forums. He never bothered to complain directly to us, just social media and forums. Strange way to try and get help, but that's okay.
    We will not be issuing a refund or credit in this case.
    Thank you,
    Dr. William Thompson, DVM, DVS

My response back. lol

This is very unsatisfactory on how this company deals and handles its business. I put my trust with Dr. William Thompson being that he is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and he would know the signs of an unhealthy frog. I am no way a Dr. or a Veterinarian but only a frog enthusiast, I know from doing my own research what an unhealthy frog is and the visual signs a frog will have indicating that it may host parasites or have a bacterial infection. I’m having no clue on why they would send me a frog that has a freshly amputated finger and visual signs of parasites and a bacterial infection; it nowhere states that I would receive a frog in this condition.

The first thing I did was call this business and leave a message specifying them to call me back, I have also politely e-mailed them concerning the condition of my order. I did not receive a call back but I received an e-mail and nowhere in this e-mail gave me an indication that they will work with me.

You can look the post I’ve made on www.frogforum.com with this link http://www.frogforum.net/testimonials/22000-www-floridaherps-com-please-avoid.html i have never told anyone to post on this companies Facebook on my regard, so I’m assuming this company is feeding you lies in order to blame shift.

What lie am I posting? I have only posted my thoughts and opinion in which I am allowed to do according to the First Amendment, I’m sure this company is illegally punishing me because I am exercising my First Amendment.

I’m expecting a refund because I did not order a frog that has a freshly amputated finger and is a clear host of parasites and bacterial infections. It does not say that anywhere in their website that I may receive a frog in this condition, I have to assume the dead on arrival frog was in equal or less health as the unhealthy one. In my honest opinion I believe this company is a fraud and is sending out unhealthy animals to scam customers knowing they have a zero warrantee on frogs.

Attached are the photos of the frogs I received. You can clearly see it is very unhealthy.

Respectfully,
    Christopher G U.S.M.C Veteran

16. This member thanks verb408 for this post:

Christopher, thanks for sharing this unpleasant experience. Please continue to document your correspondences and record them here for posterity.

A search for "florida herps reviews" turns up many other stories of peoples experience in ordering from them. Whenever dealing with a new company over the internet it's hard to stress how important it is to seek independent 3rd party accounts of how they do business. Yours will add to the overall story.

It's a little distressing that they've been deleting things off their Facebook page, and good that you've recorded it here so people can judge for themselves. How a company deals with problems is often the best indicator of how they do business.

I do have to agree with Bill though- a company that advertises no warranty can be expected to provide no warranty.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by CJ PELCHER View Post
    THIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE... After doing further research they do ship dead frogs... and their worst conditioned ones as well.... STEAR CLEAR!!!
    Care to share some of your research? Comments like those you made without evidence to back it up are not helpful.
    Steve Schindler

Nationality
    [United States]

He did do his research. This whole situation is terribly sad. Check it out. One frog was doa and the other was severely injured and died soon after.

http://www.frogforum.net/showthread.php?t=21998
    Please Evaluate my R.E.T.F from my photos. I'm worried.

.:* Lisa *:.
    laissez le bon temps roulet! :-)

1.2.2 Agalychnis calidryas - Felix Felicis, Wall-E,Eva, Mike & Sull
    0.0.2 Canis lupus familiaris (Italian greyhounds) - Zaffira & Aurora
    1.0.0 My own personal prince charming (husband edition): Beau

sorry Lisa, but i'm with steve here. if someone is going to claim they ship dead frogs, i personally would like to see the proof. we all know there is a difference between shipping a dead frog and receiving a dead frog.

that said, i don't approve how the company handled the situation. but i do understand their actions. i have been in their shoes (customer received d.o.a. animals), and it sucks to say "sorry, our policy is our policy", but it does happen quite often when shipping live animals. i guess it's one of those "walk a mile in their shoes" situation. again, i don't approve of the way they handled the aftermath, but if it was my company, the original response would have been the same, sorry no replacement, no refund. it sucks, but it is business. although, i would have replaced the injured frog.
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Nationality
    [United States]

I truly am a person that tries to see all sides. At the end of the day My heart breaks for the poor frogs. Despite the status of the doa frog, the injured frog should have been addressed. Just a terribly sad situation. Not trying to put blame on anyone. The little guy and owner didn't even have a chance to get medicine from a local vet or dr frye. Trying to be Switzerland, but at the end of the day 2 frogs died before they had a shot with their New owner. Sorry, just feel terrible about while thing. Not trying to cause a ruckus.

.:* Lisa *:.
    laissez le bon temps roulet! :-)

1.2.2 Agalychnis calidryas - Felix Felicis, Wall-E,Eva, Mike & Sull
    0.0.2 Canis lupus familiaris (Italian greyhounds) - Zaffira & Aurora
    1.0.0 My own personal prince charming (husband edition): Beau

no ruckus. i believe sometimes passion clouds over reality. not necessarily a bad thing. i feel bad about the frogs as well, but i am also a realist and there's no room for emotions in business
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by deranged chipmunk View Post
    no ruckus. i believe sometimes passion clouds over reality. not necessarily a bad thing. i feel bad about the frogs as well, but i am also a realist and there's no room for emotions in business
    IN response to this... I will dig back to wear i found it... i was reviewing the BBB cases that day and found it in some reviews somewhere on one of the linked websites. Ill find it again. NO problems!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information