Thread: RETF Shipped.

verb408

Default RETF Shipped.

I have very great news, my frogs were shipped today and it should arrive tomorrow at 10:30 A.M. I will take many pictures while unboxing in case something terrible happened while shipment.

Now the questions I have is should I feed the frogs the moment I unbox them or should I wait before night to feed them?

What is proper procedure for introduction of RETF being that I am a first time owner of any type of tree frog.

I will update pics tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eric and Stitch

Default Re: RETF Shipped.

I've never ordered Frogs, local Petco pick up only. My experience is that they don't eat a lot the first night in a new place, however, that doesn't mean you can't offer food to them. First off you should be set up for quarantine already if your frogs are coming tomorrow. so just unbox and place them in. make sure you have an appropriately sized water dish for soaking. it would help with their sense of security if their terrarium is covered on three sides. and start bowl feeding them so you can track how much they eat.

More questions? just ask.

verb408

Thanks for the reply, I should have everything set up and running according and I plan on bowl feeding them. I've already purchased crickets early this morning and they are being gut loaded and it'll be dusted before I place them in the bowl tomorrow night.

I've already got their new home up and running as if they are already in there. the temps and humidity is decently within range but it should be perfect once my zoomed hydrotherm arrives hopefully before the weekend.

The only problem I have is I didn't think of setting up a quarantine tank and i'm unable to make / buy one due to funds. I've spent more than I thought I would have building an ideal environment for them.

Eric and Stitch

Yeah, I thought quarantine referred to just keeping them separate from new frogs of different sources so I never quarantined properly myself. So don't worry too much. How many are you getting?

verb408

I'm getting two, I'll just put them in the tank once they arrive and monitor how much they eat tomorrow morning. I'm just hope they won't stress out during the flight. It'll be from Florida to California. They'll be in the container at the longest 22 hours based off of FedEx estimated delivery. According to FedEx their latest status is in Memphis TN and it's cold there. Hopefully they put a heating pad in the container.

Thread Information