Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed Ex - Boo

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Fed Ex - Boo

Just wanted to add that the only glitch with my herp order was that the Fed Ex guy rang the door bell and immediately put the package on the ground at my door. I answered the door about 10 or so seconds after the bell rang and he was already half way down my driveway heading for his truck. I asked if I could sign for it and he called back, 'No, you're good' without breaking stride and got into his truck and left. This is significant because with many dealers the live guarantee is contingent upon receiving the animals as they're delivered and the only way to prove that is a signature. Fortunately for me, they were all alive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Default Re: Fed Ex - Boo

While I sympathize, most amphibian and reptile enthusiasts use the hold-at-location option from FedEx to avoid temperature and human issues.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

You're lucky. FedEx doesn't even bother ringing the bell here.

JeffX

That sounds like Fedex.

Amphibians

I got some scorpions in the mail today and the containers were stacked in the box sideways....not quite sure what they were going for with that one.

Kurt

Are the scorpions ok?

Amphibians

well their alive, the desert hairy seems fine and active, hes roaming his new enclosure and finding spots, the emperor has been in the same corner since he got here.

Nationality
    [United States]

I have never had anything but issues with FedEx, both with Live critters, and non-live purchases. Oddly, at first I thought it was due to location, but after living all around the country for the last 15 years, I will give it to them: At least they are consistent about being inconsistent with their so-called Premium services.

As archaic as it sounds, USPS has never done me wrong.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Kurt

Me neither. Well, except for that one time last summer. They delivered my salamanders three days later than they should've.

Firestar72

Quote Originally Posted by Malduroque View Post
    Just wanted to add that the only glitch with my herp order was that the Fed Ex guy rang the door bell and immediately put the package on the ground at my door. I answered the door about 10 or so seconds after the bell rang and he was already half way down my driveway heading for his truck. I asked if I could sign for it and he called back, 'No, you're good' without breaking stride and got into his truck and left. This is significant because with many dealers the live guarantee is contingent upon receiving the animals as they're delivered and the only way to prove that is a signature. Fortunately for me, they were all alive.

This happened to me too. Really makes me mad I emailed the FedEx site and told them it voids the delivery warranty when they do that. When I get my frog delivered in two weeks I am going to request that they require a signature.

Kurt

I have done that, and guess what? They still drop the package and run. Often these *******s can't even be bothered to ring a stupid door bell. I am surprised they just don't throw it out the window as they drive by.

missclick

UPS often has trouble finding where my door is which complicates things because they only have their office hours at very specific times

and USPS isnt much better, they are too lazy to walk up ten steps to my door so they leave a note in my mailbox on saturday evening after the office closed yay...

and i agree these mail officers all have that "drop it and run" tendency

Firestar72

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I am surprised they just don't throw it out the window as they drive by.
    Haha I said that to my mom the other day when I was mad.

Firestar72

Will requiring a signature make it any better? Anyone try that?

Kurt

I tried that once, they still just dropped it and ran.

Firestar72

Well I guess I will be sitting on the porch for 3 hours then. You know the frog people know that these people do this.. thats just a way of getting out of their warranty. I know that most people KNOW they are expecting a package of live animals or insects and wouldn't want them to be left outside for hours.

You know I was thinking...the FedEx tracking number online will show what time the package was delivered. If I took a picture with my digital camera and emailed the seller right after I got it..That would show the email time stamp and I would have proof of the box. So wouldn't that work?

Or maybe I'll just sit on the porch for hours. LOL

xkatelynell

Luckily I've only had UPS, and they do not require a signature which is a problem but at least they get up and walk to my door and ring the doorbell. I would be so mad if they didn't at least do that. -.-

JeffX

I received a Tiger Salamander yesterday. The seller used to Fedex to ship it. I told my wife to keep an ear out for our dog to start barking just in case Fedex dropped the box off at the door, knocked then ran off. All they did yesterday was drop the box at the door. No knock at all. The only reason she went to the door is because when the guy dropped it off it got the dog barking. Thankfully the box, and the salamander was alright.

missclick

i am anxiously waiting for fedex to arrive also. i learned that when you put orders in you can put things in the comment area on the order form with shipping preferences like (wait for signature) or (leave at door) and they most of the time pay attention to it a little more

Kurt

I am glad that the salamander has arrived safely, but it does burn me when these *******s can't even be bothered to ring a bell or knock. It really burns me when the weather is bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information