Thread: Small Dubia Roaches and FREE adult male (only if you have a use for him)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Small Dubia Roaches and FREE adult male (only if you have a use for him)

Colony taking off faster than I can move the little ones. It's great, but I also have the supplies to sell them, so $10 for 50 and $15 for 100. Open to offers and quantities. These are small (1/4inch), well-fed on a diet of carrots, oats, cricket cubes, organic roach chow, cat food, breakfast cereal (they like bran flakes and cheerios), and oranges. The cat food, cereal and oranges are only in the adult bin, but lots of babies in there that will be moved to baby bin soon. Guaranteed delicious or your frog has no taste. Just kidding, but this is the same stock I feed from so feel very confident about their quality. Name:  DSC00205.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  92.1 KB Aww, so cute.

The adult male molted and matured no earlier than January 7th 2013. I have 10, and 24 females, so I can spare 1 or 2 fellas. So if you have a beardie or something that could eat a 2in bug (just a guess), as well as a need for little feeders, perfect.

Can't do FL or international. Will be in a secure ventilated deli cup with enough food and water crystals to get them through the journey, with tracking so you can be home to take them inside. I don't think a heat pack will be necessary but depends what weather does. It can be arranged if necessary. Shipping is in the price.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Small Dubia Roaches and FREE adult male (only if you have a use for him)

My god, it sounds like I'm trying to give away some guy, by the title.
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Small Dubia Roaches and FREE adult male (only if you have a use for him)

Lol!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    Colony taking off faster than I can move the little ones. It's great, but I also have the supplies to sell them, so $10 for 50 and $15 for 100. Open to offers and quantities. These are small (1/4inch), well-fed on a diet of carrots, oats, cricket cubes, organic roach chow, cat food, breakfast cereal (they like bran flakes and cheerios), and oranges. The cat food, cereal and oranges are only in the adult bin, but lots of babies in there that will be moved to baby bin soon. Guaranteed delicious or your frog has no taste. Just kidding, but this is the same stock I feed from so feel very confident about their quality. Name:  DSC00205.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  92.1 KB Aww, so cute.

The adult male molted and matured no earlier than January 7th 2013. I have 10, and 24 females, so I can spare 1 or 2 fellas. So if you have a beardie or something that could eat a 2in bug (just a guess), as well as a need for little feeders, perfect.

Can't do FL or international. Will be in a secure ventilated deli cup with enough food and water crystals to get them through the journey, with tracking so you can be home to take them inside. I don't think a heat pack will be necessary but depends what weather does. It can be arranged if necessary. Shipping is in the price.
    Tip for you, send them dry with no water. The humidity can kill them in route . I learned the hard way in the past. A nice cheerio or two will do the trick. They can tolerate not eating or drinking for a few days. Just feed them prior to their trip .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Small Dubia Roaches and FREE adult male (only if you have a use for him)

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Tip for you, send them dry with no water. The humidity can kill them in route . I learned the hard way in the past. A nice cheerio or two will do the trick. They can tolerate not eating or drinking for a few days. Just feed them prior to their trip .
    I've always received them with a bit of chow and a few water crystals... the last time I ordered, when I put them in bin, they FLOCKED to the carrots. Completely covering them. I'd never seen that before. Well cheerios it is then. Thanks for that; I had no idea.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Me either, at that time, lol! Yw .

demon amphibians

I ship with a small amount of carrot slices. seems to work quite nice but be careful not to over do it.

Nationality
    [United States]

I just got a buyer from elsewhere, and I jumped up and got them together for him. I don't have a scale so I just kinda counted and guessed, and threw in more for good measure. They're in a separate bin now eating carrot chips. The guy is in PA, not too far from me, so they should be ok... I hate to send them off without a water source, but I emailed him and informed him they would only have dry food because I just learned the humidity of anything waterbased sent with them might kill them. Suggested he give them something like carrot chips when they arrive. He's in the military, or has a US army email addy. So I'd better do a damn fine job packing these!
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by demon amphibians View Post
    I ship with a small amount of carrot slices. seems to work quite nice but be careful not to over do it.
    Now I'm too scared to use anything. If my buyer was further away, I might try something small, but he's in philly. Hoping it'll be fine with some dry food.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

They should be fine. When I received mine it took two days in route from my buyer and they were in good condition. I warmed them up and fed them. Now I have over 500 .

Nationality
    [United States]

Post office took an extra day than expected delivery date for the guy. Usually it's the other way around. Glad I gave them plenty of food.

I can do 50 for $8, and 100 for $13. $4 if you've never tried them before and are curious. Free if I like you!
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

to funny.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Nationality
    [United States]

My feedback from 1st roaches I sold? Direct quote: "THE BEST THERE IS AWESOME" So glad that went well.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

50 Small: 50 Small 1 4inch Dubia Feeder Roaches | eBay

100 Small: 100 Small 1 4inch Dubia Feeder Roaches | eBay

Links good for 4 more days. Make offer and say Frog Forum.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Sold another 100, and they're going all the way to TX this time, so I added a teeny amount of water crystals. Praying humidity won't be an issue, that I vented the cup enough, that the post office will treat them kindly. They have a constant supply of dry food and carrot chips here so I don't know who's been hydrating and who hasn't. Godspeed, little buddies.
    Also, one of my adult male roaches died last week. No idea why. Maybe of a broken heart.
    wild hearts..."

Thread Information